Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute - Water behind passanger seat

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
Hey

I just got home today and thought id give the ute a bath, after i did i started to tidy up the wiring of my amp behind the passanger seat, as i put my hand in the battery area on the flooring and i felt it was damp, i then pulled the carpet and underlay up a little where it starts near the battery and noticed there was a little pool of water and the underlay was damp! WTF! Brand new car and its leaking water into the battery area?

Anyone else experienced water in the cabin? I dont know where its coming from but i havent put any holes in the car so i could only imagine its coming from the front under the windscreen and it ran to the back of the cabin or its coming in from under the back window or something? :(

Worst thing is i cant get it to holden for over 3 weeks.

beauby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V
funny you bring this up. i drove to adelaide last week and put my laptop behind my drivers seat when i pulled it out i noticed that the bottom of it was damp i also was like wtf. but then i forgot about it till you just bought it up. :( damn it lol. it seems strange tho. has anyone else seen this?

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
Make sure your aerial is tight to the roof. Mine was loose when I got mine and started leaking till I got them to tighten it up properly and haven't had any problems since. Hope you can it sorted soon mate

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
Its destroyed my floor matt too, i just lifted it up and the moisture has broken down all the foam in the floor mat and its all over the carpet, so looks like they'll be replacing them too.

Mines only about 3-4 months old and i wash it every week and only just noticed it, last week i had my head down near the passanger floor and thought i could smell something odd but didnt think anything of it. I should have known cause my floors are always spotless and never have a chance of getting dirty let alone smell.

I'm just going to drop mine off at Holden on Thursday morning and they can have it for however long they want as i wont need it for a few weeks and i want it fixed properly. Ofcourse i had to notice it just after i finished installing the amp and all the wiring and now it will all have to come back out! :(

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
Make sure your aerial is tight to the roof. Mine was loose when I got mine and started leaking till I got them to tighten it up properly and haven't had any problems since. Hope you can it sorted soon mate

Thanks mate i just checked mine but its tight as, with the amount of water in the floor the only place it could be coming from is under the front windscreen from all the water that runs down the windscreen when it rains and when i wash it. Theres way to much for it just to be coming from elsewhere.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Pretty common problem actually it's the cab seal under the rear window don't leave it too long otherwise it will cause mould and Holden don't like having to replace the carpet swell as the seal so if possible get it fixed asap

beauby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V
so holden do fix the problem under warranty? maybe i should book mine in aswell