Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 3.8L Echotech must come out to make way for big 5.0L...Yeah baby :P

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi fellas....

Now I got that DAM 5.0L BUG (god it's so contagious!!!) after hearing my dad rev his up and down the street...I wanna rip out the much loved 3.8 Echotech From my VS and slam in an 8!!! Yeah baby...! Just wanted to know some info off you guys...What will this all cost...? btw, I want to put in the manual aswell (it's currently auto atm but I'm thinking if I'm gonna go the 8, might aswell go the manual 2). What do I need...? apart from the motor and box of course...? which looms am I going to need and all of that sort of bizzo...? any help would be much appreaciated...Cheers:cool:

P.S By the way...anyone wanna buy a V6 Echotech 3.8 and Auto Box Out of a VS...DONE SHIAT ALL WORK...166,000 kms...well looked after...never thrashed...nothin but Mobil 1 Supersyn put through it and never ever had a problem with it once...regular service, can show books and you can come and see it run IN THE CAR...make me an offer...

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
With the price of petrol these days I'd recommend keeping the six. Spend a bit of money on a good set of extractors + 2.5' stainless steel Mandrel bent system + S/C6 CAI + K&N or Redline highflow air filter, new set up leads and plugs and you'll be keeping up with stock 5Ls no problem.

trepaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 308
for the price of changing all that gear why don't you just buy a VS with a V8 already in it?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
trepaul said:
for the price of changing all that gear why don't you just buy a VS with a V8 already in it?

agreed, aside from the donk and box you'd need clutch pedal re-work of zorst [maybe only need new extracotrs] ecu etc etc.

swapping for a factory 8 seems the best option.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Nah my VS is just to nice and plus it's too sentimental...I'm just gonna buy a smashed donor car from fowels and swap it all over...