Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Best Oils/Fliuds

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
well that makes 2 of us , only thing that we disagree on, is that i have never had to do any commodore 5ltr sumps or pick ups,and the owners run their cars into the ground,by that i mean they don't keep up their servicing of their vehicle...oil starts to go sludgy if you don't change your oil for 12 months.most modern day cars servicing schedule is now 10,000 K's,including the VN V6 and V8

Haha... my car went 6,000km without an oil change last month... I was panicking.
I do oil and filter every 5,000km.

(which is twice since september - 13,000km - phew)

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
Haha... my car went 6,000km without an oil change last month... I was panicking.
I do oil and filter every 5,000km.

(which is twice since september - 13,000km - phew)

well it just comes down to personal preference,no law stopping you from servicing your car at 5000K's,but if you do a lot of K's in a week,it costs an arm and a leg these days to service your car :)....an extra $30-$40 a week/fortnight + your fuel for the week/fortnight.money which i'd like to keep in the bank :) for future servicing ...mods,etc,etc

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
I dunno i prefer 2 do it every 5,000... if some1 wants 2 leave it 4 20,000 then im not gunna stop em. u know what i mean?

its up 2 what pll think is the way 2 go...