Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Commodore 400m Database!

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
Hey guys,

Whoever has run a V6 Commodore at a drag strip and has run an official time, no matter what the time is, I am trying to sort out a database of official 400m times, (no gtech times). Anything goes turbo supercharged or NA. The details I need are

Type of Car:
Type of Engine:
Type of Transmission:
Type of Mods:

60 foot time
1/8 mile time & trap speed.
1/4 mile time & trap speed.

Post up your timeslips, and you will get on the list. Thanks. I will make 3 lists, 1 for turbo, 1 for supercharged and 1 for NA.

I will tell the mods to make it a sticky.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
400M V6 COMMODORE DATABASE:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NORMALLY ASPIRATED V6
Name: defa

Car: Holden VN Commodore
Engine: Buick V6 3.8
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Mods: Pod filter and a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust. (so nothing.....)

60 foot time: 2.468 seconds
1/8 mile time & Trap Speed: [email protected]
1/4 mile time & trap speed:N/A
Name: Jezz

Car: Holden VT Series II Executive
Engine: Ecotec V6 3.8
Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic
Mods: YT 1.8:1 RR, CAI, Extractors, 2 1/2" exhaust.

60 foot time : 2.262 seconds
660ft time & trap speed : [email protected]
1/4 mile time & trap speed. : [email protected]

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
This is going to have the age old V6 problem, that not many V6's go to the drags because not many run fast enough to not be emabarassed. You are only going to find less than 10 V6's on here that can run under 15 seconds, just a few under 14 and and only one under 13 as far as I know and all the ones under about 14.2 will be boosted

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Give me 6months til the M90 & cooler are on.....

Cheers
MaT

1TUFFUTE

This is going to have the age old V6 problem, that not many V6's go to the drags because not many run fast enough to not be emabarassed. You are only going to find less than 10 V6's on here that can run under 15 seconds, just a few under 14 and and only one under 13 as far as I know and all the ones under about 14.2 will be boosted

id be interested to see this. How many of u V6boys run in the 13s N/A. There are plenty of falcon 4.0ltrs runninng in the 13s...one does a 13.2 N/A. Ya have to respect any car that can run that quick,V6 or whatever it may be...

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Type of Car: VN
Type of Engine: V6
Type of Transmission: 5 Speed
Type of Mods: Pod filter and a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust. (so nothing.....)

60 foot time: 2.468
1/8 mile time: 10.170
trap speed: 69.87 MPH
1/4 mile time & trap speed:N/A

i take it by trap speed you mean the bit where it says MPH on the slip..
the fella i raced that time was a mate of mine and he has a vn calais 5 litre. he ran 9.988 @73.65 and his 60 ft was 2.463, all he has is a mini spool. he got an average start. i was near on winning for a bit. till i got to 5000 in second gear. then i was buggered.. the poor old v6 just ran out of power..
i reckon my mates best for the day was either 9.8 or 9.6. so in the end i had no hope in the world..
i wish i had a mini spool though, thne i would have got better starts..

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah I run 9.8 flat in my 5 liter with at least .3-.4 worth of wheel spin (the track was wet and really slippery that day and I had to wait untill 2nd gear to get on the power) at 75 mph on the 1/8th mile with no mods apart from more timing and had the stock open diff

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
I might as well post some details of my car as I started this thread

Type of Car: Holden VR Acclaim Series I
Type of Engine: Buick 3.8 Litre V6
Type of Transmission: Automatic
Type of Mods: Stage 3 Crow Cam, Pacemaker Extractors, 2 1/2 inch custom exhaust with hiflow cat, SS Inductions CAI + K&N Filter, 3.91 Diff Ratio, Stage 2 Shift Kitted Auto.

60 foot time : 2.186s
1/8 mile time & trap speed : [email protected]
1/4 mile time & trap speed. : [email protected]

At WSID Eastern Creek.

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
Yeah I run 9.8 flat in my 5 liter with at least .3-.4 worth of wheel spin (the track was wet and really slippery that day and I had to wait untill 2nd gear to get on the power) at 75 mph on the 1/8th mile with no mods apart from more timing and had the stock open diff

Thats a nice trap speed you have there. Similar to my 1/8th mile trap. You should get 9.4-9.5 with a 2.0s 60 foot if you get off the line with full traction. Nice times.

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6