Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Conversion For Vb To Vk

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
VN and VP theres no difference between auto and manual computers, so you'll have no trouble using them. The only time you'll encounter a problem is when your trans is from a car that has the electronically controlled ones (VS, not sure if VR have this aswell)

With the tail shaft, i just used the front half from the conversion car, and the rear half already on my VK (Wagon)

just got myself a vk this morning {traded my vr lol}. i wanna do a conversion and will probly end up doing the v6 due to its easiest. now i have a complete vn series 2 parts car{auto}, has complete engine, front suspension and brakes, cat converter {will get a custom exhorst} but i wanna use my manual conversion i got instead of the auto. other then the wiring loom, is this all i will need? i have the manual tailshaft but will probly have to source a manual computer or if i can just the memcal. what i want to do is get the v6 in all engineered then drop in a 4.2lt stroker and charge it for a strip/street car. wanna get into this asap cause 3.3 lt autos suck lol

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
ok sweet. nah the manual kit came out of a series one vn but i got the series 2 flywheel to use with the engine. i'll get onto buying the wiring loom then start the conversin. cheers

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 or 2 doesn't matter. Just use the computer in your donor car. VR is the only time you'll encounter problems.

liam

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon
a quick note for you all. one of the boys at the workshop has just done a vr swap into his vk complete with dash and working air bags and abs!!!
i foolishly told him it couldnt be done!
ill grab some pics and post em up. currentlyout being painted satin black

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anything at all is possible, it just depends on your budget and enthusiasm.

I was told i couldn't make a VL ute.....

liam

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon
Anything at all is possible, it just depends on your budget and enthusiasm.

I was told i couldn't make a VL ute.....

total cost is at $700!
but alot of man hours. goes real hard! not to sure how its going to go with a blue slip but...

Maniac_Zone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6 Berlina
brakes and ignition

Hi there,

I am currently converting my vn v6 to my vk and I was wondering what you did when it come to the brakes and ignition as the vn brakes and ignition have different wiring hook-ups, i.e the brakes on the vn have 2 link points (they look white and have a springy thing in the end) with 4 seperate wires, 2 on the top one and 2 on the bottom one. But the vk only has one link with 2 seperate wires. Same with the ignition, the ends dont match. Any help would be great.

Thankyou
Rob
[email protected]

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i.e the brakes on the vn have 2 link points (they look white and have a springy thing in the end) with 4 seperate wires, 2 on the top one and 2 on the bottom one. But the vk only has one link with 2 seperate wires. Same with the ignition, the ends dont match. Any help would be great

not exactly sure what you are refering too. can you clarify. are you talking about plugs in the engine bay or under the dash?

Maniac_Zone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6 Berlina
All good, was getting ahead of myself... found that the 2 white screw in plugs on the brake housing under the dash fit into the vk brake housing. I just unscrewed the single vk one and replaced it with one of the vn plugs, and put the other one into the unoccupied hole. I also used the vn steering arm instead of the vk one because the ignition and indicator plugs arnt the same. :)

danici

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk cala sl wagen
Hi my name is Danny, I have an VK SL Holden Commodore Wagon 1984 model. I have done all the body work on it and a mate has given me a VN V6 series 1 engine just wondering if I can put that engine into the VK body? If so I need some advice as to the best way to do this. I have had two mechanics advise me not to do it, because the cost would be too high to convert it, but I haven`t found a VK 308 engine and I am looking for one. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer me.
c