Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Conversion Questions

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
***Alright, first things first, yes I did see the stickied thread and posted in it. But, it seemed to go unnnoticed so I thought I'd ask again in a separate thread.***

A few qs on the whole conversion thing for. Donor car is a VSII l67 statesman.

Just wondering what everyone has done in way of airconditioning? I've got a donor model vc, same as my car, with factory ac in it, so I'm wondering whether it's best to use that and try and figure out the headaches that come with space in the engine bay or did you manage to use all the modern stuff?

Also, in regards to the bcm, is it possible to use any of the central locking or stuff ffrom my donor car? Or just throw it away and get an aftermarket kit? If I did decide to go crazy and wire the whole bcm in, could I ignore some of the extras I don't want and just not wire them?

And, I have an sle dash to go in my car, how does it go with the oil pressure sender signal from the v6? From memory the v6 is a constant current just to turn on the warning light at low pressure yes?

Cheers all.

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
wiring in a bcm will be a massive headache you dont want. Go for aftermarket central locking much simpler. the oil pressure i am not surre of but i know its not just for the light because if you hook a tech 2 up it can tell you the oil pressure but you can simply run a t peice and use the standard sender for the ecu and one to run the gauge itself. volts works if you wire it in and so will temp. if your using a vs tank the fuel gauge will read correct also.

With the a/c it can be plumbed to work with the vc heater/ac unit just need to wire it correctly and get the lines changed to suit the later compressor.

by the way i cleared my inbox i got an email said it was full and you tried to message me.