Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Exhaust - Post here

RoLLout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Sup

Sup Guys...

Jus want some advice on a exhaust system ive gotta VS Statesman and im thinking off getting a new system but not too sure on wat to get any tips would be great thanks

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
what are you looking for and what do you want it to do?

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
OK guys this being the exhaust thread i have a quote and a couple of questions for you all. My car is a VS Calais, v6 of course.

First the quote. It came to around $1200 and included pacemakers, new y pipe, high flow cat and a 2.5 system with rear resinator all in mandrel bent mild steel. To me that sounds pretty decent given the cost of the extractors alone. Apparently the cat and y pipe assembly could save me about $300 if I choose not to get it done but having been there for almost 13 years it will be replaced. Any thoughts on the parts or price?

Now the questions. Im not sure on the pacemakers but they should have a connection for the O2 sensor like the original pipes in the same area, is this correct?

What would it be worth the replace the sensors at the same time and is it easy enough/cost effective enough to warrant some new ones?

I know this wont be really power giving being a v6 and all but my thinking is that if this system lasts another 13 years like the original pipes then it should have payed for itself somewhat in economy and just sounding and looking better lol.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
OK guys this being the exhaust thread i have a quote and a couple of questions for you all. My car is a VS Calais, v6 of course.

First the quote. It came to around $1200 and included pacemakers, new y pipe, high flow cat and a 2.5 system with rear resinator all in mandrel bent mild steel. To me that sounds pretty decent given the cost of the extractors alone. Apparently the cat and y pipe assembly could save me about $300 if I choose not to get it done but having been there for almost 13 years it will be replaced. Any thoughts on the parts or price?

Now the questions. Im not sure on the pacemakers but they should have a connection for the O2 sensor like the original pipes in the same area, is this correct?

What would it be worth the replace the sensors at the same time and is it easy enough/cost effective enough to warrant some new ones?

I know this wont be really power giving being a v6 and all but my thinking is that if this system lasts another 13 years like the original pipes then it should have payed for itself somewhat in economy and just sounding and looking better lol.

That sounds like a good system for the price. If you want to save a few $$$ then maybe get HM headers. The ecotec package comes with the Mandrel bent and tuned length extractors and new y-pipe. I think its $495. In terms of the cat, after 13years its going to be getting a little clogged, so get a 2.5" cat. The standard cat only has a 2" or 2 1/8 inlet so it is restrictive to the rest of the system.

You might as well change the o2 sensors, it wont hurt and you should see an improvement in economy.

With a full exhaust setup you will notice a more freely revving engine and more kick

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I have a VN V6, Pacemaker extractors into standard cat, then 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust 1 muffler no resi and a twin chrome tip, sounds good, all up system cost me $400 was a bolt up exhaust system and bolted pacemaekrs up myself to saved some money lol, so with the cat being only 2-2-1/8inch is a V8 cat the same what would be a cheap option for a more flowing cat??

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
is a V8 cat the same what would be a cheap option for a more flowing cat??

im pretty sure the V8 cat is the same size, if you want a cheap high flow then check out ebay, but be sure to search the stores as well as auctions. From memory you can get them for around $120 off ebay. Thats for a 2.5" high flow,

XRUFFX

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VT II LS1
well, i have a vr v6 and the exhaust it came with is great. it came with a 2.5" system, no reso, and twin dumpies....i had to mod this a bit wen i tore the muffler off, so, i replaced the wreckt muffler with a straight thru, and after it wore in, it no longer "peaks" with high rpm (looses tuff note) which is awsum....the sound i have i havent reali noticed on any other buick...i dont know why, but yeah, it burbles and sounds quittteee nice...reali sounds like its been worked, and wen its hot or the weather is, its a reali loud system...but not to moany...id recommend it for sure...great flow..is that relevant to the thread??

Dannyxv

Reaction score
Hey guys, Thinking about a setup for my VX ecotec. I'm leaning towards a 2.5 redback with pacemaker extractors into a twin tip. I've heard this on a VX on Youtube. Anything I should ask the Exhaust place about it before hand?

This is the setup I'm looking at
YouTube - vx commodore exhaust

l67 stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
L 67 stato s2
hey heyy guys when do u need to get ur exhaust headders ceramic coated car is fairly stock but heaps of goodies waiting to be thrown into the mix thanks heaps guys

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
well, i have a vr v6 and the exhaust it came with is great. it came with a 2.5" system, no reso, and twin dumpies....i had to mod this a bit wen i tore the muffler off, so, i replaced the wreckt muffler with a straight thru, and after it wore in, it no longer "peaks" with high rpm (looses tuff note) which is awsum....the sound i have i havent reali noticed on any other buick...i dont know why, but yeah, it burbles and sounds quittteee nice...reali sounds like its been worked, and wen its hot or the weather is, its a reali loud system...but not to moany...id recommend it for sure...great flow..is that relevant to the thread??

Sounds like a nice exhaust. Have you a video we could see?

hey heyy guys when do u need to get ur exhaust headders ceramic coated car is fairly stock but heaps of goodies waiting to be thrown into the mix thanks heaps guys

Ceramic will always help to reduce heat absorption in to the engine bay. It also helps to keep the exhaust gas hotter for longer so it flows easier. But only slightly. I dont see it being required till u have some mods happening. Take note that some companies void warrantee if you put coatings or raps on headers