Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 extractors - Pacemaker vs Pro-Flo

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If each primary pipe is the same length then they are tuned, if on looks shorter than the rest, they aren't, they are interference.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Hey dude, how did you go with the fitment / performance of your extractors? Keen to find out as im looking at obtaining some...

The job was pretty easy and I am very happy with the sound of them. I have never posted any sound files but will give it a try soon. Check out my thread in the V6 development section (although I should have put it in the "how to" section).

Gav1n

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VYII S-Pack
Thanks, will do.

I have had the rear muffler removed on my VY-S, and added a straight-thru to the factory tip (I like the stocky look) and it sounds awesome... a lil' bit more oomph down low too. My mechanic recommends that I just add the extractors now, not to worry about the rest of the system at all. If you reckon that the 'Pro-flo' ones you have installed are the go then ill get them.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Good value for money, and no interference or knocking against the chassis, which is what I have read about others. Everything aligned nicely although it was a bit of a bugger getting the egr hose on.

Holden427

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega
Good value for money, and no interference or knocking against the chassis, which is what I have read about others. Everything aligned nicely although it was a bit of a bugger getting the egr hose on.

Hey mate how hard was it to install yourself and did you install it on stock cats?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
^^^ Ok since the guy hasn't been online since 2009 I'll answer for him:

Hey dude, how did you go with the fitment / performance of your extractors? Keen to find out as im looking at obtaining some...

The job was pretty easy and I am very happy with the sound of them. I have never posted any sound files but will give it a try soon. Check out my thread in the V6 development section (although I should have put it in the "how to" section).

or as otherwise covered in post #12 a few posts above yours :bang: