Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Fuel economy

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Just filled up then and iv been working out my usage over the last month. Im getting an average of 10.25L/per100kms. Not too bad i think considering i was getting 9L/100kms from my 1.5L laser. this week is have been changing at about 1,750RPM except when im getting into gaps. Gotta love the manuals

The V6 commodore has the big advantage of fuel injection. Its amazing how much difference it makes compared to the old carby cars. Im getting the same mileage out of my commodore as I was getting out of my previous car (RA60 Celica) which was a 2ltr carby.

Yes there is in VN-VS but the name of the thread is V6 fuel economy so I dont see how that makes a difference.

Well my V6 has the 85 ltr tank on it (and im sure it wouldnt be the only one) so if I was to say I get about 700km to a tank it would sound better than it is and create ambiguity when comparing different models/tank sizes, thats why I used Ltrs/100km that way there is no ambiguity about it and makes it a lot easier to compare.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
my vu has a 68L tank. 700-800 country 500 city

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The V6 commodore has the big advantage of fuel injection. Its amazing how much difference it makes compared to the old carby cars. Im getting the same mileage out of my commodore as I was getting out of my previous car (RA60 Celica) which was a 2ltr carby.

Well my V6 has the 85 ltr tank on it (and im sure it wouldnt be the only one) so if I was to say I get about 700km to a tank it would sound better than it is and create ambiguity when comparing different models/tank sizes, thats why I used Ltrs/100km that way there is no ambiguity about it and makes it a lot easier to compare.

If you had read my first post that was the point, tat L per 100km is the only way to tell due to tank differences.

You could count all the 85L V6 tanks on this site on your fingers anyway.

Autonomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII 3.8L V6
Far out! Sorry first ever post but I cant believe how much fuel you guys can chew. I have a VTII wagon, i mostly drive on roads where the speed limit is 80-110kp/h but its not flat terrain and I always since day 1 (30'000kms on the odo) to now (close to 110'000) get 800-860kms per tank on my usual routes and driving in traffic/city I get around 600kms.

The VT has a 75L tank but the "distance to empty" reads zero when you still have 7/8L left in the tank. So i usually run it to 100km to empty and i always do around 780kms at that point. I always do oil changes at 5000-7500ks, run injector cleaner at the same time and use Nulon engine oil treatment "E20" (amazing stuff we use it on all machinery and forklifts at work and they just go forever) + I change all filters regularly. Why would i be getting such good economy?? + i rarely go above 2'500rpm - theres never anyone on the road at the times i usually drive haha

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Far out! Sorry first ever post but I cant believe how much fuel you guys can chew. I have a VTII wagon, i mostly drive on roads where the speed limit is 80-110kp/h but its not flat terrain and I always since day 1 (30'000kms on the odo) to now (close to 110'000) get 800-860kms per tank on my usual routes and driving in traffic/city I get around 600kms.

The VT has a 75L tank but the "distance to empty" reads zero when you still have 7/8L left in the tank. So i usually run it to 100km to empty and i always do around 780kms at that point. I always do oil changes at 5000-7500ks, run injector cleaner at the same time and use Nulon engine oil treatment "E20" (amazing stuff we use it on all machinery and forklifts at work and they just go forever) + I change all filters regularly. Why would i be getting such good economy?? + i rarely go above 2'500rpm - theres never anyone on the road at the times i usually drive haha

Seriously dude, that threads over 4 years old. Did they give you a shovel when you joined up.

Verceti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
i would fornicate with a goat for the fuel economy you guys are getting

i use to get 430 out of a tank, now its 300 :S bog stock auto vt, driven sedate as

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
i would fornicate with a goat for the fuel economy you guys are getting

i use to get 430 out of a tank, now its 300 :S bog stock auto vt, driven sedate as

If that's on freeway driving your VT is broken. What kind of driving do you do?