Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 supercharger in place of a normal v6 ?.

obieezx11

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore
Hi again.
how much work and what do i need to have to put a supercharged motor in place of the normal v6 vs both motors i think?.

but id like to know before i buy a supercharged v6 for my 2000 model Ute thanks in advance.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Straight swap, just a couple of wiring changes, and a memcal

KyleGM

Broke :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE/VS
I was wondering the same thing, so in a vs all you do is change the memcal and drop the supercharged engine in place of the stock v6 ?

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
I was wondering the same thing, so in a vs all you do is change the memcal and drop the supercharged engine in place of the stock v6 ?

And wiring tweaks and you need to mirror balance the flex plate to the new flywheel if manual and if auto you change the torque converter

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
I dropped a l67 in my vs 2 months ago it's a straight swap. Make sure you have motor, box, loom, ecu/memcal, air induction tube, top radiator hose, throttle cable as it longer. I found it easier to take the supercharger off to get the engine and box in have a lot more room and loosen the engine mounts a bit to sit it in easy other wise you will get one engine mount in and the other side will be out a fair bit.

Last edited:

KyleGM

Broke :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE/VS
Doesn't sound to hard, my vs is 387xxx so once it dies ill be dropping a l67 in her ;)