Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Supercharger Query - With Pics

P

projectaero

Hello hows it going.
I recently got given a V6 Supercharger from a mate as he bought a new car.
Now i dont know much about V6 Superchargers so i just wanted to find out any info you can tell from these pictures.
He told me that it was off a commodore with eaton internals i am not sure tho so hopefully you will be able to help me out and find out what it is.
Also i was wondering what price this supercharger would sell for cheers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 184
S

sparkles_vp

type supercharger into ebay... theres a few of them on there..... see what there goin for... i have seen the go from $500-$1000 for that type....

cheers

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
To answer your question it's a Australian GMH (obviously) Eaton M90 fitted to the L67 supercharged V6's.
near new price i think is about $1400 - $1600.
but they sell for about $500 - $1300 second hand depending on condition.
There are a lot more parts require to able to use it as in:
Inlet elbow & throttlebody
Fuel rails & injectors
lower inlet manifold
heads ( because the injectors are fitted to the heads )

oh and the most important is a supercharged bottom end as well.

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
You should be able to sell it easily, there are alot of people with ecotec's looking for the actual holden eaton blower

C

cmelb

To answer your question it's a Australian GMH (obviously) Eaton M90 fitted to the L67 supercharged V6's.
near new price i think is about $1400 - $1600.
but they sell for about $500 - $1300 second hand depending on condition.
There are a lot more parts require to able to use it as in:
Inlet elbow & throttlebody
Fuel rails & injectors
lower inlet manifold
heads ( because the injectors are fitted to the heads )

oh and the most important is a supercharged bottom end as well.

I have the VY 2003 150?KW engine, and want the supercharger. Does anyone on here know what it would cost to have one fitted complete down here in Melbourne.

Or could I buy the parts and just fit them myself, and do they need to upgrade the computer on the car, and will it void the warranty on the car?

SlowVac

Owner of a SlowVactioner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
Goto the CAPA website.

They have supercharged the alloytec already and have kits for the older engines.

Bakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII Ute
I dont think that one would fit without some pretty heavy mods. You can see the throttle body goes from the back of the blower, straight out and I think it would probably go straight into the firewall on your car. I think the Holden SC V6 had a bend at the back of the blower. If it was from the L67 (which I dont think it is) you would still need the L67 heads. But Im not too sure if it is the original M90 from the L67. Even after purchasing that, you will need things like larger fuel pump, regulator and due to different injectors you will need to get a different tune, either custom real time (~$1000) or a custom chip, which would do the job.

I think you would struggle to fit that blower to your V6 without a lot of work, but with that said, I'm sure it can be done. You may find however that it will have been cheaper spending $5k at CAPA for a kit that comes with everything you need. Possibly ask the seller what blower it is and whether it will easily fit the V6.

Also to note, many people believe that these blowers put a lot of strain on the internals of the standard V6 compared to a centrifugal blower- such as CAPA sell. My advice would probably be steer clear of that blower, unless you do, or know people who are fairly cluey at modifying.

Sorry about the length, goodluck.

Bakes

C

cmelb

Thanks for the detailed response Bakes, I think you are 100% right it would be much better to go with the CAPA Supercharger.

Has anyone installed the CAPA Supercharger to there VY 3.8lt on here that can supply pics, would like to see it installed, and di you install the capa kit on your own.

If I trade in my car and pay a extra $8gs I could get a VYSS 2003 model, dont know if I should get the CAPA kit for my car or just trade it in for the VY ss. :bang:

Bakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII Ute
I think Cent6 has got a VY or VU ute with a CAPA supercharger. I think he originally had the powerdyne, then wanted more power and went for a vortech. Try sending him a PM.