Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 twin turbo build help

YURNXT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cortina
Alright guys, before you say hit the search button I have...

Engine is a S1 VN that's 60k old and has a crow cam, heads have been done, also has a 2800 converter with rebuilt auto and diff

So what I want to know is
What turbos for the twin setup would be suited,
I was looking at either a Bosch 044 intank or walbro gss342 fuel pump,
Injectors have no clue? Maybe something abit higher then the (36lb) l67 supercharged Injectors??
Also should I get internal gated turbos? Or external?

brett1022

brett1022
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl 5.0
hey dude,i know its not exactly what your planning .but i did a single turbo setup on a series2 vn motor in a vk,got the manifolds custom made at dnt and used a turbo off a mitusbishi truck called a td07. i used a walbro pump and v6 supercharged injectors and had to run -6 fuel lines aswell and a turbosmart t-reg regulator. and at 17psi and 289rwkw the injectors were at about maxed out. i had to also fit a turbosmart progate.external wastegate to keep boost creep under control.without it creeped higher with every gear you went up.and the engine was internally stock by the way.and it lasted about a year of abuse,then the flywheel came off the crank. and after pulling it down the pistons were covered in tiny little cracks like spider webs!! used a kalmaker remap aswell.the guy i sold it to ,sold it to his mate and hes been running it around mallala for a few years.on 10 psi.the reason i used a standard internal engine is because if it blows up you can replace it with one anywhere for like $300.and they take abuse pretty well.

turbo_stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
turbo statesman
im also planing on a twin turbo build let me know how you go, still undecided if im going twin or singel

YURNXT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cortina
hey dude,i know its not exactly what your planning .but i did a single turbo setup on a series2 vn motor in a vk,got the manifolds custom made at dnt and used a turbo off a mitusbishi truck called a td07. i used a walbro pump and v6 supercharged injectors and had to run -6 fuel lines aswell and a turbosmart t-reg regulator. and at 17psi and 289rwkw the injectors were at about maxed out. i had to also fit a turbosmart progate.external wastegate to keep boost creep under control.without it creeped higher with every gear you went up.and the engine was internally stock by the way.and it lasted about a year of abuse,then the flywheel came off the crank. and after pulling it down the pistons were covered in tiny little cracks like spider webs!! used a kalmaker remap aswell.the guy i sold it to ,sold it to his mate and hes been running it around mallala for a few years.on 10 psi.the reason i used a standard internal engine is because if it blows up you can replace it with one anywhere for like $300.and they take abuse pretty well.

Thanks for that info brett,
well i have been getting info together seems im going to be getting,
Junker vr or vn/ vp s2 motor for the build,
2 x R32 garrett turbos,
walbro fuel pump 342,
siemans 60lb injectors,
going to be buying a block shortly to go ahead with the project, going to be a long project as im going to go forged pistons and build it properly the first time.

My mechanic has already just completed a twin turbo setup on a vp and made 260rwkw on very safe tune.
mine will be identical to this, with a few modfications as he said he wants to change the manifolds in which he says will pick up abit more power.

IMG_3914.jpg