Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 VP Calais II, first car

WhiteVS

Stockish
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sacked VT Berlina
dude cars looking mint. well done

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
looks really nice on the nationals.

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
little update

thanks for ya comments guys, glad to here you like it.
little update i guess, took the car down to pedders the other week to get my warped front disc n power steering checked out cos its a bit wonky at the mo. apparently the previous owner got a dodgy fix a while back, n apparently the bloke put the wrong p/s rack in it, its meant to be variatronic or somethin, but ive also been told that the rack shouldnt matter n it may just be the pump or fluids.
but yeah pedders said all the upper and lower bushes in the front end are basically f***ed, the lower rear bushes are too i think, bent Z bar (never heard of one? anyone know what it is?) umm rear springs not trapped (doesnt bother me) steering gear tight (obviously) and yeah the disc.. but for all this they quoted me $1600!! i thought this seemed a little over the top? but im new to owning a car so i may be wrong... what do you guys reckon?
i booked it into a small mechanic to check it out but gotta wait til april.
also what sort of fuel economy are you guys with vn/vp/vq v6s getting. cos im gettin nearly 14L per 100kms and no matter how softly i drive it it wont budge down but i put my foot down a couple of times n it goes up another point...
other than all that shes treating me great:thumbsup:

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Even though you bought it for 7g you will always mod the car more and it will cost you a mint, bushes on most of the older commdores are always stuffed and most likely factory fitted and never touched. $1600 sounds steep to me, but i am a tight ass :p

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
just a couple more photos i took the other day

Attachments

• calais46paint.JPG
    calais46paint.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 372
  • calais47paint.JPG
    calais47paint.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 845
  • calais56paint.JPG
    calais56paint.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 356

eXphoid

I have no license yet xD.
Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
VZ executive & VS Equipe S2 Ecotec
Small world

Are you driving to school yet man? I wanna see this car for real xD it's so cleann

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
umm... probably not swap but i may be interested if you want cash, what size tires are they n where abouts are ya. pm me mate n we'll see if we can work somethin out

haha whoops never got back to you, yeah they're on my car at the moment so i need something to roll around on :p

still loving your car to bits as well

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
That looks real nice mate, bobtail spoiler looks tops too. Must say though, those windscreen wipers in white look nasty....I think black ones looked have looked much classier..