Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 VR manifolds

jono1492

DTD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
Hey guys, I'm looking to replace my exhaust manifolds as one of them has a leak. I went to a wreckers to get a set and they told me I need to find a serial/product code for the ones I already have. I know that I'm just replacing my leaking manifolds with ones that are just as old, but I don't have the money for extractors at the moment

So, a few questions;
1. Where can I find the serial/product code on my manifolds?
2. Is there a company that makes new factory replacement manifolds?
3. What are they like to install?
4. Is there anything I can do to make older manifolds last just a little bit longer(eg. a paint)?
5. Is painting manifolds practical and safe?

Any help would be hugely appreciated,
Cheers

Jono

deanos70

Reaction score
has the manifold actually got a hole in it or is it just leaking from your manifold gasket

painting them is fine if you want to, wont stop it leaking though
just make sure you buy hi temp paint for exhaust manifolds and when you first start it do it in an open area as it will smoke like a sob for a while and stink

i recently sprayed my new exhaust system, i would let it run warm up a bit till it started smoking turn it off , let it cool a bit then repeat the process a few times

i think painting older rusty manifolds wont have any effect other than looks, but painting a new set should hopefully keep the rust at bay for a while

jono1492

DTD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
has the manifold actually got a hole in it or is it just leaking from your manifold gasket

painting them is fine if you want to, wont stop it leaking though
just make sure you buy hi temp paint for exhaust manifolds and when you first start it do it in an open area as it will smoke like a sob for a while and stink

i recently sprayed my new exhaust system, i would let it run warm up a bit till it started smoking turn it off , let it cool a bit then repeat the process a few times

i think painting older rusty manifolds wont have any effect other than looks, but painting a new set should hopefully keep the rust at bay for a while

Yeah, I found the crack today, so a replacement is in order, I understand painting wont do much in regards to fixing the leak, but i figure if I replace them with factory ones, they could do with some paint