Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v8 308 engine

Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hows it going. i own a vp commodore ute 1992 or 93 one of them anyway. its a 5 speed manual v6. the only mods ive done to it so far is a full exhaust system straight through single muffler berklee exhaust, no extractors yet just standard and catalytic converter standard. for christmas i was going to treat myself to a brand new 308 v8 chromed. is it possible to stick it in my ute with all the right stuff? thanks.

electro cruiser

Reaction score
should be possible, but you will need a different gearbox and i think engine mounts and like the bottles an stuff in your engine for coolant and windscreen washers an all that.

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
i doubt you'd be able to legally register it with an old 308. you'd need an injected VN onwards 304 for it to be legal. you can't put an older type engine in a newer car. as for fitting a 308, yes it'd fit (same as fitting a later 304). you'll need a V8 k-frame, engine mounts, etc. hope that helps.