Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Calais or SS?

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Looks awesome Y Try!!! My only issue is the backing colour of my speedo is red so I dont think blue/white lights would work but that is the setup I would like... Anyone know where I can get a new cluster from and a rough price??? (Already tried ebay)

Also can you give me an idea of price on your Phreddy setup?

Cheers

Thanks mate, was $350 to do the actual led colour change.:)

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Looks great, did you install it yourself or was it an exchange unit or something?

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
Yep can be done, mine now has white led's with blue accents thanks to Prdeddy from ASR audio.

DSCF2981.jpg

DSCF2990.jpg
that is exactly what I want!!!!

Edit: heartbroken as they arnt in Melbourne:(

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
hmmm, if i can convince my holden dealer to change my IQ to blue at the 3k check up i might do that to mine :)

clock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i got 06 calais where the prev owner from new got the LSD and FE2 suspension put in so its literally an automatic SS but with all the nice calais bits.

so not sure what a calais would feel like to drive with softer ride and no LSD but goddamm im happy with mine :D was abit torn between ssv or calais v but now would never ever go back man calais is a dream :D

tooslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VY MALOO SII SUBARU LIBERTY B5 WAGON
Calais doesn't have an LSD as standard and has a softer suspension set up - also, obviously, no manual option. Otherwise mechanically identical.

it sounds like you no nothing about calais of course they would have lsd its an v8 so as the berlina but its ok you can stick to your ss
calais for me though look at all the goodies you get plus there in a league of there own because there not your basic commodores

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
it sounds like you no nothing about calais of course they would have lsd its an v8 so as the berlina but its ok you can stick to your ss
calais for me though look at all the goodies you get plus there in a league of there own because there not your basic commodores

Maybe you should research your Calais a bit more. No LSD as standard on V8.

clock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
yeah its not man because i know mine was something different by having the LSD

johnnyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v a6 v8
I have 07 calais v

Hi i got one and its great .My one is gold sand color and is a real sleeper .It s a 2007 and did not come with lsd diff but did have the fe2 sports suspension. The ones built later had a softer fe1.5 suspension i don t mind the diff as it is smooth when turning, not like my old vt with lsd. With traction control on i still can do around 5.6 sec to 100 i did get it tuned and vcm otr and had a walkinshaw 2.5 exhaust and extractors .I ended up putting 2010 standard mufflers on back.
They were off a 2010 and they had less drone than my 2007 ones but having the rest of exhaust done does make it sound good. When ya put the boot in it you can here it and no drone at hwy speed.The whole interior is top class mine is black leather all the trim is better.The lights under the mirrors and interior are good the chrome trim along the lower door and around the windows. Best take a good look at one and you will see .Performance similar to ss but looks more classy .There is a reason why it cost around $60000 new.

Advanced_Amatuer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2010
The ss is my first car with lsd.
God ive been missing out all these years hehe.
Calais with lsd, and lowered would be nice imo.