Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 exhaust mods

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
Has anyone done any exhaust mods that didn't replace the whole system with 2 1/2" as most exhaust places are telling me.

I just want it to sound like a V8 without being too loud. I am not chasing power gains.

Actual experience with VE 6 litre auto please, not theory

Thanks

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
cheapest and easiest way is to get rid of the rear mufflers and replace with straight pipe and tips...
thats common but the DRONE is terrible that they go onto a cat back very quickly after

a xforce 2.5" cat back from ebay is under $1000

nori

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS s2
does anybody know what exhaust [chief8] the silver calias wit 22s has? saw it last night and is easily the best ve ive heard so far?????

ssv4me

troy
Reaction score
Website
mogbog.com
Members Ride
VE SSV
a xforce 2.5" cat back from ebay is under $1000

If you bought one of these on eBay how hard is it to find someone to put it on for you? I'm sure an exhaust place wouldn't want to know about it? Would you just go to a normal mechanic or something?

Cheers
Troy

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If you bought one of these on eBay how hard is it to find someone to put it on for you? I'm sure an exhaust place wouldn't want to know about it? Would you just go to a normal mechanic or something?

Cheers
Troy

Exhaust places will do it. They will just charge you Labour. I have done it a few times over here.

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
Well I bit the bullet yesterday and went with the full 2 1/2" cat back exhaust as everyone I spoke to said nothing else would give me what I was looking for.

We used large join merge pipe, no resonators then large Genie polished s/s mufflers (straight through single in dual out) and used the stock tips.

It now sounds like a V8 without being too loud and no drone at constant throttle.

Cost me $660

I love it.