Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] V8 Insurance?

STARK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY BERLINA II 5.7
Just did a quick quote through just car.. I added mods as wheels, exhaust and lowered suspension and it was $1500 yearly..

My wallet just jumped out my pocket and ran away..

FusionX

Reaction score
When I was 19, I used the RAC it insure my first V8. Although already had a couple of cars insured with them. Never had any issues with modifications with the RAC either. The more extensive ones have required an engineers report and them inspect the car, but everything is listed on my policy (stroker engine, dog box, brakes, suspension etc). I have had to make a couple of claims through the RAC over the years, but never had issues there, always sorted quickly.

HBF wouldn't insure me until I was 21 and I think it was AAMI said I had to be 25.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Just did a quick quote through just car.. I added mods as wheels, exhaust and lowered suspension and it was $1500 yearly..

My wallet just jumped out my pocket and ran away..

That's a decent price.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I payed mine up front and I think it was $1100.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well when I first signed up to JustCar it was something like 1600 a year premium (all mods covered) with a 1500 exess or something. You could lower the premium by putting up the excess and I could get it to 1000 a year with a 3 grand excess.

Im currently on about 800 a year with a 2 grand excess at 23.

I'm driving a V6 and mines $1700 p/y on $2500 excess. I suppose alot more p platers have killed themselves since you were one though

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
NRMA mate. They aren't too bad, I pay $150/month for a vy ss 6sp at agreed value of $19k. And strangly enough I got a quote for a ve hsv gts as i am thinking of upgrading and it was within $5 of my current policy with an agreed value of $45k. I think they base it on driver risk and simply categorize the vehicle. I am 24 with no history.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
$1500 is cheap for under 25 years old with a v8.

Im 26 now but never owned a v8, I had 1000cc sports bikes instead.
You think u get raped with a v8 just go get a bike n grab an extra bottle of lube :(

Id just suggest going with justcar, they pretty much will insure anybody so long as you are prepared to pay for it, otherwise as said previously throw it up under your folks name with you listed as the main driver, id suggest sgio or qbe for that option, otherwise they wont touch you.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
try swann insurance mate, im 22 with a vy sv8. I pay $152.50 a month and the excess is only $200 for wa, $400 for vic/nsw and other fairly reasonable amounts for other states.