Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Performance Parts

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
I've got a few questions regarding an airbox for a VN. My VN is running group a twin throttles and making around 310rwkw at the moment with a Hsv style over the radiator intake and Lower airbox also with a 3" hose from the front bar through the guard into the airbox via a hole in the bottom. I'm running a K&N panel filter and the group A top airbox section.

What I was thinking was running one of your airboxes modified to feed from the hsv style intake and 3" pipe through the guard of course, and also running a rather large pod filter.

So what I was wondering was two things. Firstly do you think the HSV style intake could be adapted easily enough? And secondly, could a 7" long pod filter with a 6.5" diameter base and 5" outlet be made to fit? And lastly, considering the angle of the group a intake Y piece, would the V6 item suit better?

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
I've got a few questions regarding an airbox for a VN. My VN is running group a twin throttles and making around 310rwkw at the moment with a Hsv style over the radiator intake and Lower airbox also with a 3" hose from the front bar through the guard into the airbox via a hole in the bottom. I'm running a K&N panel filter and the group A top airbox section.

What I was thinking was running one of your airboxes modified to feed from the hsv style intake and 3" pipe through the guard of course, and also running a rather large pod filter.

So what I was wondering was two things. Firstly do you think the HSV style intake could be adapted easily enough? And secondly, could a 7" long pod filter with a 6.5" diameter base and 5" outlet be made to fit? And lastly, considering the angle of the group a intake Y piece, would the V6 item suit better?

“So what I was wondering was two things. Firstly do you think the HSV style intake could be adapted easily enough?”
It could, however I don’t think it would be worth while.

“And secondly, could a 7" long pod filter with a 6.5" diameter base and 5" outlet be made to fit? And lastly, considering the angle of the group a intake Y piece, would the V6 item suit better?”
It would be tight but I don’t think it would be a problem fitted something similar in the past except it was 9” long

On another note we may have a plenum spacer to suit the factory GPA manifolds over the coming months, to assist with improving air distribution between cylinders

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
So how much for an airbox to suit without the supplied filter?

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Steve, I got a quote of you last time but can't find it. Would like the CAI & 70MM TB for a VR V8. Could you give me a price including postage to 3029. And how can I make payment ? Thanks

Muss ;)

Hey Muss,

I'll see if I can dig up that PM, will PM you prices shortly. In regards to payment what ever is easiest for you.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

SUSS8

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 Holden Calais VR V8
Hey steve,

I purchased a CAI & 70MM TB off you for my VR V8 and all I can say is F*#N AMAZING! Didnt take me long at all to put everything on and as soon as I took it for a test I could feel the throttle response to be alot better and when I put the foot down the car has a real old school grunt to it ! Sounds awesome. I couldnt be more happier money well spent I have to say. Anyone looking to get more out of their V8 without doing heads & cam package. I HIGHLY recommend this mod. Thanks again Steve. I will definitely be doing more business with MACE ! Great Customer Service and Great quality Products.

Muss

MACE

Reaction score
Hey steve,

I purchased a CAI & 70MM TB off you for my VR V8 and all I can say is F*#N AMAZING! Didnt take me long at all to put everything on and as soon as I took it for a test I could feel the throttle response to be alot better and when I put the foot down the car has a real old school grunt to it ! Sounds awesome. I couldnt be more happier money well spent I have to say. Anyone looking to get more out of their V8 without doing heads & cam package. I HIGHLY recommend this mod. Thanks again Steve. I will definitely be doing more business with MACE ! Great Customer Service and Great quality Products.

Muss

Glad to hear you're happy Muss :D

Thanks for the constructive feedback BTW, also great to hear from people with first hand experience about our products

If there is anything that you think I might be able to help you with don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
Our off the shelf universal CAI kit (with no filter or piping holes pre cut) fitted on a 383 stroker with COME racing manifold and custom 4 inch snorkel, with and without lid :)

IMG_2791.JPG IMG_2795.JPG

Blair_355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
Hey how much are the 1.9 rockers for ls1?

cheers,
Blair.