Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Starting issues

htmonaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra, HT Monaro GTS
Am having a starting problem with my Adventra LX8, will crank and fire but when the key is released it shuts down, will do this twice then start fine on the third try? Does this randomly - about 5 or 6 times in the last 5 months. Has anyone experienced this? any help? Cheers:lock:

SPEEDFLOW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0ltr
My VZ SS did a similar thing. It would fire up and die straight away then come up "Immobiliser Fault" on the Dash when you start it up the second time.

I talked to the local Holden Mechanic and he said to Use your Second Key (If you have one) because its sending the signal through to start the car but not enough contact with the little silver button on the end of the Key (if you know what im meaning) to disable the Immobiliser.

Hence Changing the Key i havent had the problem as yet ..... Fingers crossed that i dont becasue that will probarly mean New keys, which can get pricey.

htmonaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra, HT Monaro GTS
Cheers, talked to an auto sparky the other day who thought it might be a faulty oil pressure sensor shutting down the fuel pump?

SPEEDFLOW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0ltr
No worries, That could be your issue i mean there are that many computers and saftey codes in these commodores of late it could be a multitude of things. I had to replace my oil pressure sensor in my SS after a "check oil" icon was displayed on the dash. Had to take it to a holden dealer after checking the oil level and there was still plenty in it (considering it was serviced 2 days before hand) so i realised that it was a job for tech 2. Which the price of a new sensor wasn't cheap either $159.38 before tax. Hope you get to the bottom of your starting issue as i know it can be a pain in the ass!

Shannon Welsh
Speedflow Products