Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v8 ute donor vehicle -change in plans.

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
i was looking for a v8 statesman to cannabilise to repower my dead vs 5 litre ute but living in a fairly remote regional town made this a pain in the arse. anyway, yesterday i unexpectedly came across a bloke who had a straight vp v6 bt1 in his back yard. it has all police options and is dead straight. started as soon as he hooked a battery up and ran as smooth as a watch. cold air, recent suspension and brakes, clean oil and sagging hood lining. it has 339k and been converted to dual fuel with gas system inspected 3 years ago. the rego expired in 2016 and car comes with new tyres on standard rims, all books, service history and a NSW blue slip. bloke said he would even repair hoodlining. he offered it to me for 1000 bucks. although it isnt the v8 i am looking for, i need a second car pretty well straight away. i am thinking that the price is very reasonable for what it is and i reckon if i detail it, register it and use it for a year or so, i certainly wouldnt lose any money on it if i sold it on to buy the donor car then. i have a soft spot for vp bt1s. i drove both v8 and v6 ones at work when they were new. i dont want to sell the ute as it is a very original 's' pack v8 manual in red and i have a place to store it as long as i need to. i do fear that 304s are becoming harder to get and don't want to find it impossible to find one in 2 or three years.. does my plan sound feasible? is the car a bargain like i think it is? thoughts welcome...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Paragraphs.... :)