Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vac & pur nipples on a v8 throttle body.

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
hey again. the other week i put an old throttle body on my 304 vs ute. this particular body has a purge nipple and a vacuam nipple vettical to each other at the front facing the radiator. i originally took this throttle body off and old vr wagon i had. it is a v8 throttle body but the vr was a 6. when putting it on i noticed there is nowhere for the purge line to go. the vac nipple goes to the purge solonoid back out to the charcoal canister. thats cool. where can i run a hose from the purge nipple to?
the reason i put this older body on is because the thread in the hole to accept the iac had 2 self tpping roof screws holding it on to the body. i discovered this while searching for clues as to why there was a slight miss?stumble just off idle. so i put the throttle body in question on. doing my fuel pump over the last few days also discovered vapour line from tank to charcoal canister was perished at the tank. put a new line on got all that together and already the difference is notoceable the way ite runs and idles. does any know what model v8 had the throttle body with the 2 nipple verical to eachother?? it would be nice to get the evap system working to its full potential.
Maybe a T piece into the charcoal canister somewhere? i will pick up the correct throttle body one day but until then any ideas . thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Both lines attach to the top of the charcoal cannister. The thinner line (purge port) attaches to the nipple at the very top (#2), and the thicker line (vapour inlet port) to the nipple (#3) slightly further down.

1666161131882.png