Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum or pressure brake bleeders

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I just use a hand vacuum pump style. It's a bit fiddly but I can do it without assistance.

Reactions: Lex

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
My $50 vacuum bleeder that took me about 10 minutes to do a complete front and rear bleed on my VC using an elcheapo supercheap air compressor that cost me about $150......

The fitting cups the bleeder nipple firmly, so it doesn't allow air back into the system and the clear line allows to you keep an eye on the fluid for air bubbles

View attachment 265887

My elcheapo crud air compressor I used for the job
View attachment 265888

Hey VC, I've got one of these units that I've never bothered to find out how they work because I'm used to using a second person pumping the pedal. It's still in the box unopened. How do I use it?
And will my compressor be able to handle it?

1000004146.jpg
1000004145.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hey VC, I've got one of these units that I've never bothered to find out how they work because I'm used to using a second person pumping the pedal. It's still in the box unopened. How do I use it?
And will my compressor be able to handle it?

View attachment 266140View attachment 266141

I am fairly confident the compressor will. Have no idea what the other member was on about with the compressor not keeping up, hence why I posted a picture of my small compressor I used....

To use is simple...Place the black rubber piece over the bleeder nipple, undo the bleeder and press the trigger on the end of the clear tube...(Can provide pictures of these pieces if required)

Watch the fluid coming out of the bleeder for the air bubbles to stop and release the trigger...

Once you release the trigger, do the bleeder nipple up and remove the black rubber piece. The black rubber piece creates an air tight seal over the top of the bleeder nipple.....

Check and top the fluid level up and move to the next one.

That simple

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
I am fairly confident the compressor will. Have no idea what the other member was on about with the compressor not keeping up, hence why I posted a picture of my small compressor I used....

To use is simple...Place the black rubber piece over the bleeder nipple, undo the bleeder and press the trigger on the end of the clear tube...(Can provide pictures of these pieces if required)

Watch the fluid coming out of the bleeder for the air bubbles to stop and release the trigger...

Once you release the trigger, do the bleeder nipple up and remove the black rubber piece. The black rubber piece creates an air tight seal.....

Check and top the fluid level up and move to the next one.

That simple
Thanks mate. So no pumping the brake pedal at all?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks mate. So no pumping the brake pedal at all?

Nope, none at all...Pulling the trigger on the kit is sucking the fluid through, when the bleeder nipple is undone......

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224