Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vague Question: What comes first? rims n rubber, extractors, exhaust, shox,Diff, ecu?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
In general, what do most think should come first when doing some basic work to a stock VS berlina/Calais/executive as a first ride?
Just to get it nice and playfull......:dance:

Before you do *anything* work out what you want to achieve. A nice street cruiser? Circuit racer? Dragster?

Then with these goals in mind, select your wheel/tyre combo and brakes (if you are going to change them), then set your ride height and get shockabsorbers to suit (at the same time).

Now you have the ability to put the power to the ground look at your powertrian. If you are changing your camshaft &/or other inernal mods, start here. When the motor goes back in, do the extractors/exhaust at the same time. Once this is all done, give your engine specs and the car to somebody who knows ecu's and can plonk it on the dyno to get the most out of your engine. IMHO the ecu gets done last becuase most engine mods will have at least some effect on ecu performance.

Reaper

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
cat back zorst= made my car droan sumthin chronic -60% shitter from orginal

You must of got a **** exhaust then. Mine is quiet as cruising and only makes noise when I put my foot down.

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
I did my system first (you want the doof doof)
Rims second (appearance)
Extractors, with twin high flow cat system (extra kw and sounds tough)
And now in the process of lowing it. (will look awesome but will scrape ohwell)