Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Value for money splits?

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
What are they and how much are they?

Are you 100% sure about fitting in the pods, others have told me they'd need spacers n ****?

Thanks

The P162S are $219.00 - and yes they are a neat fit. they come with a few variations for the pods in the box of bits.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
6" or 6.5"... which?

Hey all, i wanna know if i can get a pair of 6.5" response precision splits into the vs door pods without too much effin around, i.e not remaking the whole pod to fit them in. Is it too much trouble to do this? Should i just go with the 6" version? It would only be off 50w from the H/U, the 6" splits are 55w and the 6.5" are 60w. What would be the difference from this perspective also? And... how do you wire splits to the H/U? Sorry for sooo many questions.
Thanks heaps guys :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Hey all, i wanna know if i can get a pair of 6.5" response precision splits into the vs door pods without too much effin around, i.e not remaking the whole pod to fit them in. Is it too much trouble to do this? Should i just go with the 6" version? It would only be off 50w from the H/U, the 6" splits are 55w and the 6.5" are 60w. What would be the difference from this perspective also? And... how do you wire splits to the H/U? Sorry for sooo many questions.
Thanks heaps guys :thumbsup:

Sorry dont know as we would not kick them around the workshop .... or put them in a clients car...

Can answer the rest tommorrow as I only jumped on to have a look at something else

CHeers

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
I meant the deadening mats

RF or Scocshe??

CPDS4SQ - Dead Skin high performance dampning material. Aluminum backed self adhesive. Patented embossing process increased dampning by 40%. Kit includes (1) 24" x 24" piece.

CPDS4SQ_1_l.jpg

$70.00 delivered

Scosche - AMT060HFDK
HyperFlex Door Kit Damping material for interior panels; trunks and doors. 4 pcs., 12 x 27, Box - $ 125.00
AMT060HFDK.jpg

or the AMT060HFSK - HyperFlex Speaker Kit Damping material for interior panels; trunks and doors. 2 pcs., 12 x 12 which is the same price as the RF
AMT060HFSK.jpg

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
dunno

Sorry dont know as we would not kick them around the workshop .... or put them in a clients car...

CHeers

What do you mean by this? Are the jaycar splits not worth the money?
Also, how do you go about wiring splits into a system?
I'm torn between the jaycar kevlar 6" or 6.5" splits (assuming the 6.5"'s are capable of being installed in vr/vs front door pods), and the pioneer ts-a1681s 6" 4 way 260watt, nominal power 50w. Which would be best? I'd like to hear from anyone with either of these in their front doors and what they think about them. Thanks guys

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
What do you mean by this? Are the jaycar splits not worth the money?
Also, how do you go about wiring splits into a system?
I'm torn between the jaycar kevlar 6" or 6.5" splits (assuming the 6.5"'s are capable of being installed in vr/vs front door pods), and the pioneer ts-a1681s 6" 4 way 260watt, nominal power 50w. Which would be best? I'd like to hear from anyone with either of these in their front doors and what they think about them. Thanks guys

What do we mean... we would not use them for door stops! dont like them.. they are ok though!

Personally, if you are on a budget then there are better options than the JAYCAR stuff... have a look at the HDX-67 from scocshe 100rms and a very good speaker for $170.00

6.5 will be fine in the doors.

The pioneers are a good unit though I would not go below the TS-C1625 or the TS-C160R which we could do you a deal on as well being a JC member

both are a very good speaker.... though I seriously would look at the HDX-67

PS the 6x9"'s are TS-A6971E,
and the sub is TS-SW1241D. DID YOU end up going thoseS!!! there is a new model out of the 6*9s

Cheers

Last edited: