Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Value of HSV 30 Year Anniversary models

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
The Calais has quite a few kms (almost 190,000km) now and although its running perfectly, I have been considering a change for awhile.

The HSV 30 Year Anniversary allocations for some models such as Senator are starting to run low. So there must have been a fair demand.

The Senators are currently about $110K (including some options) on the road.

What does everyone reckon about the value and potential value of these "last builds" over the next few years.

The remaining 2016 Senators (pre - 30 Year model) are now advertised on the road for about mid to high $80K's, so is there potential for a drop of say $15K - $20K in the 30 Year Anniversary models in the short term?

OR, is their value more likely to be protected because of their "last build" status?

Interested in everyones thoughts.

Cheers.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
LSA engine models will fetch a premium over the LS3s. There's not much added value between model years on same engine vehicles.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I believe that, due to them having what the general public believes is the same powertrain as an SS, they'll depreciate towards the value of a Redline. They'll easily drop $15k-$20k in the next couple of years, and IMHO the rest as well.

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
If you are worrying about resale value then don't buy new and get a demo or low Km one. Where the initial depreciation has all ready happened. At the end of the day these cars will only have the value that supply and demand dictate.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
received_1144560822356939.png

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Thanks guys,
I appreciate your replies. Decided not to go ahead. Since it won't ne an every day car, I can get something rarer, more interesting and even more exotic for around $100K.