Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vb Commodore Conversions

V

VBSL79

I Just got my hands on a VH SLE for $200 and i was wondering will the power windows fit straight up or do i have to rewire me car and the same with the low fuel gauge if anyone can get me some wiring charts that would be good. And will the power steering rack fit in my car what what has to be changed

chuck

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you need the electric window wiring harness ther'e should be a plug under the dash for it to plug into then just run it through the car into the doors etc.
By the way the back windows really suck in commodores.
The power steer will fit just change everything you can see that's different brackets etc don't forget the uni shaft on the bottom of the steering column is different and has to be swapped as well.
Hope this helps dude.

J

Jaws

QUOTE I'm pretty sure you need the electric window wiring harness ther'e should be a plug under the dash for it to plug into then just run it through the car into the doors etc.

Yeah that's right. They also use their own relay set up.

Swapping the power window motors over isnt so easy, the drivers side is held in by screws while the 3 other ones are pop riveted in.

O

oldn64

I have a naste feeling that the inside skins of the door are not the same so putting a power window setup into a manual door may not go. (I have been told this never done it as my VH SLE has electric windows so no need)

Usually the motors are heldin via screws not rivets. You will need the relays for the windows and also the lock out switchs and ciruit breaker (left hand side of the steering column down on the bottom panel (two black push button switches) lock is the big black on)

Cheers

PS: Good luck. Does this VH you have have cruise control? need switch and module (sits in engine bay on the drivers side below the brake master!)