Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VB Rear Brake Upgrade

GPC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Group C Replica
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my rear brakes on my VB circuit car. Current set up is std discs and calipers on a Salisbury rear end with a pedal box, bias valve, 17" wheels and hydraulic hand brake. I know it's easy enough to fit 315 mm VP Clubsport rotors, but are there reasonably priced caliper options out there that will bolt straight up?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Have you tried ceramic or remsa pads? Might be enough of an improvement as most of the braking is done on the front.

Reactions: GPC

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
better pads? ...... Might be enough of an improvement as most of the braking is done on the front.
yup... agree
I spent big $ and got a set of ventilated rear rotor, calipers + dogs and Ferodo race pads for the VK, has to be better everyone said
+ more $ on braided lines of course. Did diddlysquat in terms on braking improvement from the std setup

went back to the original setup.. std caliper, Ferodo pads in there+ std size slotted rotors. Braking did not change but saved 8kg in weight ,
sold the supposedly better setup

20170521_142549.jpg

Last edited:

GPC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Group C Replica
Have you tried ceramic or remsa pads? Might be enough of an improvement as most of the braking is done on the front.
I’ve got ceramic pads and they seem ok. Its just that I’m upgrading the front and did not want to ignore the rears. Cheers.

GPC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Group C Replica
yup... agree
I spent big $ and got a set of ventilated rear rotor, calipers + dogs and Ferodo race pads for the VK, has to be better everyone said
+ more $ on braided lines of course. Did diddlysquat in terms on braking improvement from the std setup

went back to the original setup.. std caliper, Ferodo pads in there+ std size slotted rotors. Braking did not change but saved 8kg in weight ,
sold the supposedly better setup

View attachment 246974
Thanks very much for the feedback