Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vb to Vk boot rust

Andkno21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk SL commodore
Gday everybody. Does anybody know if you can buy a repro beaver panel to repair some boot rust in a Vk sedan. I am finding it difficult to weld a patch panel in as the surrounding metal isn’t great. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Gday everybody. Does anybody know if you can buy a repro beaver panel to repair some boot rust in a Vk sedan. I am finding it difficult to weld a patch panel in as the surrounding metal isn’t great. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

I'm unaware if you can buy new, but know a few wreckers around Adelaide that you maybe able to find a decent one. Let me know if you want to go this direction and I'll post up the wreckers

Andkno21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk SL commodore
Gday Vc commodore. That would be great if you know of a few wreckers to speak to. I would have thought rare spares would have done one by now given how common this area rusts. Cheers

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Beaver panels have been NLA for a long time...Rares bought the last batches & sold them all.

Repairable 2nd hand pieces chopped off a wreck is only way for now...unless Rares or someone else tries to do reproduction pieces

Andkno21

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk SL commodore
Thanks for the info gtrboyy. I thought as much but it didnt hurt to ask. I might check out a few wreckers as vc commodore said. Not many old commodores at wreckers anymore

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You have Port Wakefield wreckers.....

Active Motor wreckers Main North Road Evanston

Just do a white pages search for their ph nos

Auto Salvage recyclers Lonsdale (PH 8186 0111)

And If in the riverland area, I might be able to find one around the Loxton area...Not sure of the name of the wreckers there, but I do have the fellas mobile number if required

Hope this helps and if not, holla and I'll see who else I can come up with