Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vb to vn

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
U can use a vn v8 k frame 202 should bolt up fine to that and you wont have to change to earlier rack

bandit44

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Done it allready?

Put a 202 into a vs body for my kids speedway car, it was a v8 model the engine mounts are exactly the same. Where you have problems are you have to use a v8 g/box crossmember, dont know what g/box your useing, but a trimatic- m20- 3 speed manual wont go anywhere near bolting into a t700 crossmember. 10 minutes modifying a v8 one with a angle grinder to move the g/box mount back about 15-20mm bolts up perfect. Had a hell time getting the tailshaft to fit, had to cut and shut the front section with the front of a early model vb-vk yoke and uni. If you cant find a v8 k frame, you can use a vb-vk one, but you MUST modify the steering rack mounts. The kids have parked the speedway car into the wall more time than i can remember, i've modified about 5 early model k frames. Its not hard you can cut the rack mounts off fairly easally, respace them, and mig them back on. Its a shitload easier than trying to find v8 k frames. Finally got a v6 in it now so i should'nt have to do that anymore.

micky69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba XR6 5 speed/ VN Calais 308 twin turbo
what would be easier for me,, i have just put a vk frame into a vn and the vk steering rack is too tall, what would you do, cut the brackets off and weld the vn rack on the new frame or change the steering colunm from the vk into the vn the suit the rack???