Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vb turbo 700

R

richo304

hey has anyone used an adaptor plate to bolt up a turbo 700 to a trimatic patern v8 block? if so did you have any trouble with it? and does the kit come with everything you need to fit it up{bolts ect}from crs...thanks any info will be a help

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
R

richo304

the adaptor plate is 255$ on ebay or 300$ of crs,i was reading a few holden books but have been told they are fine on a standard motor but not good for a high hp motor as it can twist,i was also told the crank on a trimatic block has a 10mm deep spigot and a turbo block crank has a 15mm deep spigot so i can understand the adaptor plate works as a spacer as well as realigning the bolt holes to suit but just want to know how it works because im thinking you are either moveing the flexplate back 15mm {thickness of spacer}? or you are haveing a 15mm gap between the converter and flexplate? or haveing 15mm less of the input shaft into the converter? so then can the starter reach the ring gear? and what flexplate do you use trimatic or turbo im guessing a turbo flexplate but not sure.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
The flex plate and starter are unaltered. The adapter moves the trans backwards so you have less input shaft from the converter. Im not dure what effect the spigot hole has. I was always under the impression that it needed to be machined deeper but crs advertise their kit as 'direct bolt on' so they must have found a fix.

Dont forget that the t700 needs to have a torque lock up switch installed and your selector pattern will no longer be accurate due to the extra gear. But otherwise the t700 swap was by far and away the best mod i have done to my impala so far. Brilliant transmissions

R

richo304

thanks ari have been on the phone to crs as you said it comes with spacers ect and they have told me all items needed to fit the turbo 700 are in the kit they sell with instructions also,yeh i will have to get a torque lock up switch fitted as i got a dominator 2500 stall with top lock up do you think it will do any damage not useing the lock up?and just ride in the stall like a normal auto or do i need to put the switch in straight away?i have just got a BnM shifter for 4 speed auto from vpw so that will fix the selector problem.thanks again

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Nah the switch is totally unnecessary unless you want the torque lockup. In fact its worse for the converter if you fit a switch that that doesnt unlock at the right times as it will burn out the clutches in the converter. I LOVE the lockup function though. On the fwy when you hit cruising speed the rpm drops to around 1600 and all you hear is the wind and your stereo. Not to mention the fuel cost benefits. But if you just want a racer then leave it switched off.

I got the TCS lockout kit from the states. Bout 175$ delivered i think and easy as to install. Just chop the 2 solenoid wires and replace with the supplied loom. Run the supplied switch to full vacuum and 12v accessories and its done.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Richo- how much are crs asking for there complete kit??

Dead on keen on the t700 for my vc:D

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Hey guy's if any of uses are interest i have an adaptor plate and bolts that I dont need. Will Sell for $240 without postage.
Just an offer guy's