Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VB V8 4 Barrel manifold question

Sketter52

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Series 3 VS V8 ute
I have a VB 253 , 4sp manual sedan. It currently has the factory 2 barrel carb / manifold on it. I wish to fit a holden 4 barrel manifold but I am not sure which one I need. I do know that I will have to have the one with 7 bolt holes however. Been looking looking on the web and a whole heap of casting numbers come up. So , can any body in the group enlighten me as to which manifold would be Ok to use on the 253. Regards

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
HI Sketter52, I did this actual mod many years ago on 253 LX Torana, you need a 308 red engine manifold, blue and black 308 manifolds have different bolt pattern and won’t fit red engine heads, good luck post up some pictures when your done

Sketter52

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Series 3 VS V8 ute
HI Sketter52, I did this actual mod many years ago on 253 LX Torana, you need a 308 red engine manifold, blue and black 308 manifolds have different bolt pattern and won’t fit red engine heads, good luck post up some pictures when your done
Thanks mate, so is it OK to fit any of the 308 manifolds from any early 308 up to VB

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Probably any manifold from HX, HZ or VB manifold should be fine as they will the EGR valve fitting.

Sketter52

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Series 3 VS V8 ute
Probably any manifold from HX, HZ or VB manifold should be fine as they will the EGR valve fitting.
Thanks mate, so any manifold from those models as long as they have the EGR fitting, is that right