Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc 6cyl k frame v8 k frame

Tony69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vc sl commodore
Is a vc 6cyl k frame same as v8 k frame, as im lookn to put a vq stato v8 efi engine, i know i need mounts and pipes to suit and a manual steering rack, any other info can help me with cheers

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Yes vc 6 cyl kframe is the same as v8 in the same model, also the p/steering rack is the same, i think the p/s lines would be different as the 6 & 8 have the p/s resi on different sides of engines..

I just joined, my 1st message, cheers to all

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you use the VC rack, no need to change K-frames....If you are using the Statesman rack, you will need to change the K-frame, or move the rack mounting plates to suit the stato rack, as they are in a different position

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
yep only difference between vc rack and vq rack is the smaller/larger rack bolt distance holes. also would be easier to fit s/rack from other vn to vs car as the vq rack has the electrical variable steering part on it and would be issue with extractors hitting n burning it.

I am doing a 304 coversion now and I am going to test fit the motor onto the 6 cyl kframe and original p/steering rack to check extractor clearance before I go to the vn/vs kframe and p/s rack change. also later models p/s racks have longer tie rod shafts to the vb/vh s/rack and need to use the old original ones for front track size.