Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc 8cyl rear twin muffler measurements

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
Hi, can anyone give me the measurements for the rear twin pipe muffler for a Vc. The length and width please.
Thanks

jandjmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0L
Hi, can anyone give me the measurements for the rear twin pipe muffler for a Vc. The length and width please.
Thanks

I bought an aftermarket one for my VH SL/E and it measures 390mm x 160mm.

Attachments

• Rear Muffler.jpg
    Rear Muffler.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 274

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
That's great stuff thanks J
How did it sound once the new muffler was on?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I bought an aftermarket one for my VH SL/E and it measures 390mm x 160mm.

That's the same size as the genuine one too.

On another note, which freight company did you use from here? I have 3 guys now that enquired from NZ and my supplier uses TNT which is horribly expensive. I know I sent this system to an address in Sydney, but I can't remember who it was.

jandjmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0L
That's great stuff thanks J
How did it sound once the new muffler was on?

I haven't fitted it yet, as NAAF said I bought a full system complete with clamps and mounts, but I can't decide if I remove the headers and fit the standard exhaust with cast manifolds, or modify the system to fit the Headers? (My car is completely stock except for the exhaust so keen to keep it standard)

jandjmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0L
That's the same size as the genuine one too.

On another note, which freight company did you use from here? I have 3 guys now that enquired from NZ and my supplier uses TNT which is horribly expensive. I know I sent this system to an address in Sydney, but I can't remember who it was.

I ended up getting a mate in the freight business to include it in a normal shipment, so it didn't cost me very much.

If I had to pay going rates I would definitely shop around. I have used a company called Mondiale Freight in the past and they seemed really good.

If you sell more than one system, I would tell them to ship together and share the cost, the system is not very heavy but quite long, so 2 systems would be less than twice the shipping cost. Have you considered advertising on Buy online and sell with NZ's #1 auction & classifieds site | Trade Me , you might get quite a bit of interest and be able to do a bulk deal with the shipping company.

Hope it helps.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Thanks for that. I'll look into it. One system on it's own is just under the general freight weight so TNT express it. 2 systems would be a lot cheaper, but the downside is transit time. I might have to do a bulk freight deal on multiple systems.