Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC SL/E Stationwagon

C

CalaisVKiller

Try A Vk calais wheel they might fit plus they look the good in my opinion as for an engine swap i'd buy a wrecked vr or vs with good motor gearbox and **** as the WHOLE front end fits easily enough into them.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Well i reckon a Momo style sportsy would be good, if they were cheap!!!!.

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
I've been playing around with a few ideas. Does anyone have an opinion on the idea of throwing a supercharged 454 big block in with the carby hanging up out of the hood?

I think it would look rather menacing, and I can't imagine too many street racers that would be willing to take it on.

I've also got a question about the steel braided mesh that people sleeve over engine hoses. One of my hoses split today, and I was wondering if the mesh provided any form of protection, or if it was just for looks. Also, do they require any special type of fitting, like a screw fitting, or do they just sleeve over the stock hose fittings?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Tyer Chew - Could be your rear upper and lower control arm bushes / maybe a wheel alignment is needed. / Tyers might be going crap, they may have tread but old age counts.

The clunk is most likely the uni joints as i have the same issue and its getting replaced, but i have noticed the clunk can get worse sometime if the rpm is set to high.

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
Tyres are new. This car is my daily driver, tyres get replaced often.

No matter, car is on the market now, not going to bother fixing up anything else, no return on investment anymore. Going to be losing about 5 times the car's value no matter what I do so...

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
very nice... so when it goes are there any more projects on the horizon?

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
out with the old and in with the new then... by about 20 years newer!

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
23!

Price has dropped down to $4,000 OBO. If you're in the Sydney area and looking for a solid 308, please give it a looksee.