Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc sle progress thread

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
Hi folks, I have transferred this thread over from the general VB, VC, VH section.
So everyone is up to speed I bought a 1980 VC SLE 308 last week, it has been abused somewhat mostly the interior, how ever everything is there.

Progress so far

* managed to get all the lights, indicators and interior lights working, not much to this just a few loose wires and blown bulbs, only the lights inside the bonnet need to be wired up now.
* fixed the horn, took it apart and there was a little circular piece inside that had come loose from the screw that changes the pitch of the horn.

DSC_1098.1.jpgDSC_1097.1.jpgDSC_1096.1.jpgDSC_1095.1.jpgDSC_1094.1.jpgDSC_1093.1.jpgDSC_1092.1.jpgDSC_1091.1.jpg

cheers

Reactions: Lex

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
came across my first major hurdle today one of the spark plugs had been stripped by the previous owner, currently in the process of trying to remove it, as you can see by the image its stuffed.
I have broken the end if it off
any suggestions welcome
photo 211.jpg

lowroozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE
Hi folks, I have transferred this thread over from the general VB, VC, VH section.
So everyone is up to speed I bought a 1980 VC SLE 308 last week, it has been abused somewhat mostly the interior, how ever everything is there.

Progress so far

* managed to get all the lights, indicators and interior lights working, not much to this just a few loose wires and blown bulbs, only the lights inside the bonnet need to be wired up now.
* fixed the horn, took it apart and there was a little circular piece inside that had come loose from the screw that changes the pitch of the horn.

View attachment 164150View attachment 164151View attachment 164152View attachment 164153View attachment 164154View attachment 164155View attachment 164156View attachment 164157

cheers

Mate if you struggle to find the correct lower dash in the right colour then purchase a vinyl paint and either paint what you have or get a lighter coloured lower dash and paint it. Much cheaper until you find the one you really need because they don't come along all that often. If you have a look at my thread VB SLE (not 310) you'll see my dash which i painted although it was a Carmine coloured dash to begin with. You'd be amazed at what some new carpet and a lick of paint can do for your interior.

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers good stuff lowroozer will more than likely do this option

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
dash update

hi all while I have been busy with the engine, new gaskets and a general clean up I got stuck into the dash today. I went and got some carmine red paint made up ( the dude stuck some gear in it so its suitable for plastic/dashes, used the spray gun and it came up really well, very happy with it ( have included before and after pics) I have also cleaned the seats and gave the carpet a bit of a clean. So things are progressing well, on the look out for some door trims. The next jobs are a dust/access cover for the tranny and a muffler, currently just has two resonators and no muffler so it very very loud. so all is good atm
cheers
photo 3118.jpgphoto 1114.jpgDSC_1097.1.jpgDSC_1096.1.jpg

lowroozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE
hi all while I have been busy with the engine, new gaskets and a general clean up I got stuck into the dash today. I went and got some carmine red paint made up ( the dude stuck some gear in it so its suitable for plastic/dashes, used the spray gun and it came up really well, very happy with it ( have included before and after pics) I have also cleaned the seats and gave the carpet a bit of a clean. So things are progressing well, on the look out for some door trims. The next jobs are a dust/access cover for the tranny and a muffler, currently just has two resonators and no muffler so it very very loud. so all is good atm
cheers
View attachment 165244View attachment 165245View attachment 165246View attachment 165247

Is that the same car!!!! Awesome job man and a fraction of the cost. I'd suggest you also paint the steering column surround but be REALLY careful when you put it back in to not over tighten the screws as most people do because you'll most likely break the mounting points. Or you could paint it without removing it if you want to be safe. There is a guy on Gumtree selling a complete interior so you may want to check it out, actually he has the whole car for sale. I have seen the car as I considered buying it but we weren't able to come to a deal. The interior is all there and from memory there were no speaker holes cut into the door cards. Check it out. Good luck.

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
glove box badge

after spraying the glove box I did the commodore sle badge come up pretty good, maybe touch up the bottom edge, see how we go. Tomorrow i'll tackle the centre console- reglue the vinyl and a respray.
lowroozer yep going to spray the coffee pot in the next few days, more than likely take the steering column out and do it, cheers
photo 562.jpgphoto45 1.jpg

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
hi does anybody know I you can buy the plastic silver strip that goes along the top of the glove box