Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR filter replacement

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Capsule, I do love the sarcasm, but the main reason is because of time constraints, you may think weird others don't, a lot of people have very busy work/life schedules that for sake of a few extra dollars you can get it done in a lot less time, wish I had too much money then someone else could worry about it for me, I enjoy working on my car as I know it will be done right, (not to say paid mechanics wouldn't-some would) also when there are 4 cars to do wifes daughters mine etc, it all adds up in time and money (even if you tried to do all at once-start draining one moving back and forth etc) but of course everyone wants there cars at different times, must be one hell of a pacemaker I've got!!!, my wife and I do a fair amount of klms each week so for the cost of replacement standard filters it pays for itself quite quickly, and its good for the environment (less waste as reminded by daughter) most of the cars all have K & N filters (and spares) or equivalent, but each to their own (opinions and the like) happy motoring!!

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Thanks for the details MyVESSV8, makes total sense, seems like you almost run a small garage!

I'm a bit disappointed tho, you don't have too much money, ahah.
But I hope your crazy life will force you to put a "pacemaker" in your engine instead of your body, if not already done, and I'm talking about the engine here ;-)

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
My VZ VCM has: 33-2154

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I look after 10 family cars. All have K & N. Image 10 spare filters. Hey I am not short of cash, but doesn't seem practical. You do realize you can clean the filter anytime. Doesn't have to be with an oil change. Do it say late on a weekend night. Reoil in the morning on off you go

Finding the part number may be difficult. Just call VCM or Tuffcar parts. Will be between $100. -$120

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I find that K&N filters need more than a full day to dry after cleaning. They need to be 100% dry for re-oiling. It's a great idea to have a spare K&N.

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
I think its a good idea to have two filters IMO, just means you can take your time to wash and dry it properly ...I just had VCM OTR fitted to my car and well worth the coin...slight induction noise and alot sharper response with the throttle .... its a bullet off the line..

Making good power now....

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I find that K&N filters need more than a full day to dry after cleaning. They need to be 100% dry for re-oiling. It's a great idea to have a spare K&N.

Hair dryer on warm only at a distance is kouta