Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM suite tune in Melbourne for Alloytec?

STRIKE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo SV6
Anyone know of or have had a VCM suite tune in Melbourne? most places won't touch the V6. thanks.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
I had mine done at a place called 'Autotechnique' in Ferntree Gully.
I got quite a bit of extra torque out of mine, cost me just over $1000, for me I reckon the cost justifies the value provided.

P.S. If you do go there, make sure they program the computer to not bring up the 'Powertrain Fault' message. I had driven bout 8km after the tune before it came up, took it back and they happily reprogrammed it.

Good luck, upload the dyno if you do get it done.

STRIKE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo SV6
Thanks man I'll look into it :)

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
also, (and i'm actually just near vcm in knoxfield). There's a joint called ICES in rowville, they quoted me $750 for essentially the same thing.

Whether or not they get the same results, i'll let you know soon enough :)

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
i had mine done at Electronic Automotive in Epping.
Let me warn you tho, the tuning on vz/ve v6's is VERY limited.
Don't expect too much!

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
You guys are so lucky, cheapest tune up north (that I would actually trust) is $1500..

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
i had mine done at Electronic Automotive in Epping.
Let me warn you tho, the tuning on vz/ve v6's is VERY limited.
Don't expect too much!

Yeah kW wise didn't get much (from memory 117 to 132), but my torque increased by nearly 50nM, to 382, I think it was (should double check the exact figures).

You can feel the torque improvement, especially low down, like in 6th, the car can pull from 50 to 80 a lot better than previously.
I'm getting 9-9.5L combined, which I think is the biggest gain in the whole procedure (got down to 7.4 on the trip to Robe)

I would be very interested tp see what improvements a tune can do on the SIDI Engines in 12 months time.

BeKzZz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
sweet im thinking about getting it done to my vz berlina!
once every1 has done it or if u hav the dyno run post it soo we can c where iz better value for moneyy thanxx guys

Ruzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6 & E36 318i
Yeah kW wise didn't get much (from memory 117 to 132), but my torque increased by nearly 50nM, to 382, I think it was (should double check the exact figures).

You can feel the torque improvement, especially low down, like in 6th, the car can pull from 50 to 80 a lot better than previously.
I'm getting 9-9.5L combined, which I think is the biggest gain in the whole procedure (got down to 7.4 on the trip to Robe)

I would be very interested tp see what improvements a tune can do on the SIDI Engines in 12 months time.

wow what gear you do that dyno run on, i got a stock vz sv6 auto in 3rd pulled 142rwkw with 98octane which i know is about right losing 25-30% power through the drivetrain!

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
wow what gear you do that dyno run on, i got a stock vz sv6 auto in 3rd pulled 142rwkw with 98octane which i know is about right losing 25-30% power through the drivetrain!

Yeah well, I questioned that too because I was expected around 140rWkw, but it was done in 4th, which may have made the difference.