Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve 2008 hsv senator signature sv08 fake or not??

ToddyLoola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Senator Signature 6.2
I have just bought a alledged senator sv08 from claridge holden and it was on finance and i looked online and i dont think its legit. its black and they dont come out black, its got sll the crome trimming mrc and tyre pressure monitors which onlh come on sv08 but no door trims no badges. It was also advertised on carsales bht the ad is now gone, but on my contract of finance it says sv08. What are my opitions and maybe has it been crashed??

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
If you know how to check it's a Sen Sig, then why didn't you do the homework BEFORE you decided to purchase it?

Why do you think it's been in an accident?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You're just working this out after signing the contract?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Does it have the Pentagon wheels? That's the only difference I can see between the SV08 and a normal Senator.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Brakes have SV08 printed on them.

HSV website can tell you if it's genuine or not. I'd never buy a HSV without checking it.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I have just bought a alledged senator sv08 from claridge holden and it was on finance and i looked online and i dont think its legit. its black and they dont come out black, its got sll the crome trimming mrc and tyre pressure monitors which onlh come on sv08 but no door trims no badges. It was also advertised on carsales bht the ad is now gone, but on my contract of finance it says sv08. What are my opitions and maybe has it been crashed??

there was on 50 made, 20 were manual. there bottom is gloss black instead of the usual mat black, 20 inch pentagons, chrome door handles and SV08 badges. I have seen a voodoo blue manual in person and a few Silver ones.

the SV08 is not a MY08 which it may have been advertised as. If you liked the car enough to buy it without checking weather its a Senator Sig or a true SV08 does it really matter?

there a black one on carsales now wrongly advertised too!!

here's the easiest way to tell!!!

sorry photobucket's being sh*t

ToddyLoola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Senator Signature 6.2
Its a genuine HSV senny sig drives perfect came with 19s and its a my09 but i bought it from a hsv dealership uz areforgetting so i more checked what it looked like and never had seeen or heard of a sv08. and its got features that didnt came in the senny sig 08 like tyre pressure sensor and crome trim and handles

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Its a genuine HSV senny sig drives perfect came with 19s and its a my09 but i bought it from a hsv dealership uz areforgetting so i more checked what it looked like and never had seeen or heard of a sv08. and its got features that didnt came in the senny sig 08 like tyre pressure sensor and crome trim and handles

The spelling and punctuation.... my eyyyeeess!