Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve 3.0l sidi tune, anyone done it?

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
yeah i am getting a tune one way or another :). the sad bits are that there is not turbocharger kit or supercharger kit available for the 3l sidi yet as far as i know. and cant trade up as i only bought the car 4 months ago parents will be pissed and i am a p plater for another 2 years so i wont be able to get some "real" power from v8 for a while. and i am keeping this car for at least 6 yeasrs o yeah :) uless i crash it :p .......or it gets stole...

P.S. wanna steal mine? and write it off? hhaha
Arthur if you're after abit more poke'n go get it tuned. 10-12rwkw is fairly decent. If your wanting to turn it into a race machine either supercharge or why not trade up?

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha yeah but then theres the turbo and all the other bs parts that u have to buy..... and then all the ####ing around with the setting or watever u need to do when u turbo a car.... if i have spare 5-8k ill see haha nad when im off my Ps
TT kit on a 3L SIDI would be easy, a normal exhaust shop could make manifolds for one of them blindfolded.

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
possible to do the tune without going all the way to sydney? with you guys? and how much?

not for the 3L at the moment, maybe after christmas ill get something sorted for the mail order..

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
aha lright , yeah if anythign ill probably end up doing a road trip :) haha and you know the tranny safety bs with the 3l where if u rev in neutral and shift into "d" and then you have to wait untill the car revs down beore you start to move? are you able to switch that safety off?
not for the 3L at the moment, maybe after christmas ill get something sorted for the mail order..

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
aha lright , yeah if anythign ill probably end up doing a road trip :) haha and you know the tranny safety bs with the 3l where if u rev in neutral and shift into "d" and then you have to wait untill the car revs down beore you start to move? are you able to switch that safety off?

Hmmm, P-plater + Epic neutral dumps = Epic Fail. Hell just neutral dumps equals massive fail.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh my ####ing god!!!! how many times on this ####ing forum do i have to explain the reason for this? buddy if u dont know the reason for it dont ####ing comment your dumb crap on my pages!!!
Hmmm, P-plater + Epic neutral dumps = Epic Fail. Hell just neutral dumps equals massive fail.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
lol i dont do it on purpose i found out accidentally coz i had to break hard coz of the dumb ass infront of me randomly stamped o nthe breaks and i was close to him and **** from the back seat hit the gear stick and put it into N then i put my foot down didnt understand wat was wrong till i looked at selector and then i shanged it to d at 3K rpm just to get goin so other drivers woundt bitch and then i ended up standing till it revved down enough till i could move..... so yeah
lol no i mean just in general coz i dont like that coz im used to no rev limiters at all. and sorry for my typing my keyboard is dirty will need to clean when i get bacl from overseas

Oh I see now, it all makes perfect sense. You want to remove the safety in case random crap from your back seat hits the shifter and puts it in neutral. Its all becoming clear now.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
...................####ing noob
Oh I see now, it all makes perfect sense. You want to remove the safety in case random crap from your back seat hits the shifter and puts it in neutral. Its all becoming clear now.