Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Added Security

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I have posted this before in the VE section but I will try in the Electrical Wiring Section just in case that a auto electrician that live here.

For year I also has a Different way to Stop thieves trying to steal our car in a Shopping Centers. In the last 15 years Simple key switch (car one) via a fuel pump or (car 2)the Fuel pump relay stopped the scum trying to steal our shopping car. Now we have a replacement shopping car to replace out VR 1993 Commodore with a 2009 VE Commodore that I will register next week so I want to do the same but the VE is Different as You cannot just switch off the Fuel pump via a switch or at the relay because if you do beside you have code spitting out ( PS I have the Computer program to reset the codes so that not a Problem) you might cause other issue as the fuel pump is connected with the Oil pump just in case if you have oil pump failure.

Tell me what would you do that is simple and very effective either via the Fuel, via the Ignition, via the the Start process (switch the Solenoid) via the Auto Selector that when your car is in Park or Neutral and the scum bag want to start it and because the Key switch is off the car wont start as the car thinks its in Reverse or Drive or 1,2,3.
There must be a simple solution that is effective.
Please note that I dont want to buy something that available to the public as if it available to the public is can be circumvented.
thanks