Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE and VU ute top break light

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Yesturday when I was driving I saw VU ute, atleast I think it was it was at night so I cant be sure. Anyway I noticd that the top breaklight on their ute was on while driving but only dull, then when they breaked it came on stronger. Does anyone know if this feaure is on the SS and SSV by any chance. I did see a E2 Maloo last night but it didnt have it.

Any idea's on it, weather its legal as I'd like to wire mine up like that and it should be fairly simple to do so.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm pretty sure it was. I think it would be wired up to the rear light for when the lights are on at night, maybe with a resistor of some sort. Then also wired up to the brakes aswell.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i wasnt sure if it was or not. I'll keep an eye out to see how many cars have it. It wasnt bright or any but came on brighter when they where braking.

WELSHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE 6lt SS Ute
as far as i know its not meant to be on at all unless you are actually breaking, all ive had are utes, VR VT VY and now VE and none of them have done this. i agree sounds like its not wired properly.