Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Atomic Paint finish

dtrain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
A question for anybody else that owns a VE painted in Atmoic (Green)......Kermit Green!
Our rear bumper almost looks a different colour, in particular light the variation in the colour can be very dramatic. Does anybody else with this same paint colour notice the same thing?? It only seems to be on the rear bumper. The front bumper colour blends quite well.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The paint differences on VEs is old news.

The problem is Holden are using exactly the same paint on both metal and plastic finishes. The paint reacts differently on the plastic of the bumpers than it does on the metal.

Bottom line is, yes - it's very noticable on some cars and in some light. You live with it, or get a very good spray painter to fix it. I had the same problem on my old VE Calais in Passion Red - it was very noticable (see pic - front quarter to front bumper). Not a noticable difference on my new Sting Red Clubsport though.

1a.jpg

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
yeah thats a bit slack hey! also nice Calais love those wheels...why would they change the way they paint the cars/bumpers? cheaper i spose?

efryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 3.6 Auto
Bottom line is, yes - it's very noticable on some cars and in some light. You live with it, or get a very good spray painter to fix it.

Even more noticeable on the Morpheus colour. Already spoken to a spray painter who has said that it is almost impossible to match it.

Regards

Bob

dtrain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Update;

My local dealer is currenlty respraying another Atomic VE bumpers as the customer was unhappy with the finish. So far it has taken them 3 weeks to get it right. When they do they will repaint mine :yeah: I've also heard tonight that Holden are not continuing with the Atomic Colour, has anyone else heard the same??

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Update;

I've also heard tonight that Holden are not continuing with the Atomic Colour, has anyone else heard the same??

Damn, i really like this colour. Especially on SS Utes.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
They'd be stupid to. Atomic is AWESOME! My mate is rushing around ordering an Atmoic Maloo now :D

They'd do better to get rid of Crunch (aka Spew).

dtrain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Yeah I agree, the crunch color is Damn aweful.

My kids have given me dipers with the same suprise colour inside!!!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
They'd be stupid to. Atomic is AWESOME! My mate is rushing around ordering an Atmoic Maloo now :D

They'd do better to get rid of Crunch (aka Spew).

A Maloo in Atomic.....*drooools*