Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Auto Dipstick

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
“Thread digging” on forums the world over is generally frowned upon.

Anyway, your issue is unrelated to this. Best to start a new thread/Topic.

There will be data logged re the engine light. Not all scan tools will be able to access them.

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
“Thread digging” on forums the world over is generally frowned upon.

Anyway, your issue is unrelated to this. Best to start a new thread/Topic.

There will be data logged re the engine light. Not all scan tools will be able to access them.
My comments were to the administrator I am not aware of any issues called thread digging but I won't ever use this again.In case you seem to think I know these rules I never read this in information I asked a question and added as much information as I could as it related to my issue.
I'm sorry it offends you

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
My comments were not made from offence. All I did was explain the posting in old threads is a bit of a faux pas. Thats. It’s not something in forum rules but something that is relative to every forum ever.

It’s a bit off topic and something that is problematic for recording problems.

My advice is that a new thread is started relating to your issue so everyone on the forum can help better. Thats helps you better that’s all.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
sorry, i assumed you were a troll
your first post in november was a blank box and now this unrelated post
anyways
ve commodore do not have dipsticks, another cost cutting measure by manufacturers
your clunk in first
is this when shifting from park to first or when taking off
could be engine/transmission mount, radius rod bushes, worn tailshaft centre bearing, diff backlash
other faults need to scan for codes, but seems you have no codes, what scan tool are you using and are you confident in using it
you state you have owned car for 3 years but think this is an existing fault?
how did you get a 5 year dealer warranty in 2021 for a 12 year old car
and i apologise again if this is legit
if you had filled in your age i would have taken that into account

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
My comments were not made from offence. All I did was explain the posting in old threads is a bit of a faux pas. Thats. It’s not something in forum rules but something that is relative to every forum ever.

It’s a bit off topic and something that is problematic for recording problems.

My advice is that a new thread is started relating to your issue so everyone on the forum can help better. Thats helps you better that’s all.
No I am not a troll and my Anniversary Calais was from a Holden Dealer secondhand with 5 years Dealer Warranty with Reliance they also gave me 12 months roadside assist I am a pensioner it's why I posted under admins reply so sorry I'm not familiar with this forum but it's going to have all history diagnostics done on Tuesday which will tell us more info as soon as I drive car and turn it off it won't start X CONTACT DEALER if I take it out of park and back into park turn key on three or four times cars starts and it does same thing eachtime
Could be inhibitor switch or ECU ???? I'm trying to save my car from serious issues so I tried here after posting back almost 2 years ago I probably made errors that day hey thanks for replying again let's just forget this and start fresh I mean NO TROUBLE HONESTLY
RESPECTFULLY
jeff

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That’s fine but it’s coming off topic and you are best to start a new thread instead of adding onto an old one.

For others searching with something similar, they will benefit from the post much more.

Post in the VE section of the forum.

Get as much data as possible so others can help

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I will copy post and post it where it needs to be again thanks I will delete the post if I should or move it I haven't had a chance to do it at present I am only on my phone
Respectfully
jeff

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Lout,
Is that an issue being a newbie and an old man in need of good advice why my Calais gets some problems and then after turning car off I get check engine and now contact Dealer.What does this tell you maybe I shouldn't waste my time at all.vehicle has shown ZERO ERRORS on ODB2 so now off to have a history dig into my ECU at$176 to find this issue I would bet it was in the car prior to my buying it from Dealer.
Regards
Jeff
Yes sorry for this mess,I'm old disabled and very new to how it works here.I've posted this elsewhere and I have just worked out what I've been doing wrong so I do say I do have a strange issue with my car and I'm very concerned as to what it could be there are no error codes to find with an ODBII scanner
Could do with some ideas as to a similar or exact issue.