Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve belina..how low should i go?

SSGAMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VE Berlina
Hey people,

I need some advice & opinions.....I have a 06 VE Berlina, have attached 2 photos..just put some 20's on it....de badged it as i like it clean, neat & simple....put quad tipped exhaust on it....20% tint....going to put a modified front gille on it later...the question is how low do I go? I have a family so I dont wanna be scraping the bottom of the car, but I do want it to be noticeable that I have lowered the car...what are your thoughts people...also, I think the colour of my car is quite different from the colour of most of you car enthusiasts on the blog, but somebody smashed into my VZ and wrote it off & I had to buy a car quick smart & got this one at a great price...The colour has grown on me quite surprisingly IMG_4676[1].jpgIMG_4675[1].jpg

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Looks nice, like the chrome.

This is mine - have to go sideways over some speedbumps, and ramps in shopping centers suck cos the middle scrapes (kings SSSL front, and Pedders Sports Rydas rear)

You could probs go Kings SSL Front and SL Rear and be practical still.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
i'd probably go for kings ssl allround with monroe gt sport short travel shocks and do the front strut top bushes while they are out as the ones you have in it now will be rooted for sure (they are rubbish even when new). thats the cheapest value for money way to do it anyway. that should bring the front down about 1.5'' and the rear down to the tops of the tyres (well they did in my ute anyway but that shouldn't make any difference because of body shape). but carrying a tribe in the back you might be better off rolling the rear arches to be safe. kings sl springs are equivalent to the factory fe2 and wont be as noticeable. sssl's will be too low for the back i suspect if your carting a family around. kings have a +/- 10 mm height variance,in other words one set might be shorter or taller than another set but you wont notice it really. hope this helps

SSGAMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VE Berlina
thanks guys...apparently someone from a suspension place over east (im living in WA) has told me SL springs is as low as I can go on the front.. is this true?

he has quoted me for SL springs all round or SL front & Ultra Low rear $265 delivered...and lowered Monroe GT Sports struts & shocks & low front bumpstops ( not sure what these are?) for $740.00 delivered....does this sounds ok?...probably SSL all round might be the go as I dont want it to look stock or the same as fe2...are fe2 the stock that comes in an SS commodore? not sure what fe2 is.....going with SSL on front & SL on rear i dont want a raked look, i want it sitting level....mmm...decisions decisions....thanks for your help guys..appreciate it

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Go see WA Suspension or Wilkinsons Suspension for some good local advice.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
If yours is a v6 u need to go one more S on the front (ie SSL Front, SL Rear) to be level, otherwise your front will be too high.
And the wheel arch gap is bigger on the front and can give u the idea that it isn't as low.

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
I'm not 100% sure but I think on a VE FE2 is only 10mm lower than std(omega) and on Kings website SL are rated to be 20-30mm lower than standard(omega) therefore if you go SL you will be 10-20mm lower than FE2. Anyone know this for sure?

SSGAMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VE Berlina
Hey Calais 06, yeah I agree with what your saying but some company from eBay is trying to tell me to go Super Lows on the front which is what I want, and ultra lows (SSSL ) on the back to even it up... How's that when the front wheel arch looks higher..? I need to see professionals I think... I'll go see wilkinsons I think

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais Sportwagon
sorry to hi-jack but is it correct that the fronts need to be one level lower then the rear to be levelled?