Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Berlina factory LPG - lowering question

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
I'm looking to lower my VE Berlina to get rid of the 4WD look lol. I'm also a noob when it comes to suspension stuff so go easy ppls.

First, do the factory fitted LPG VE's (Omega/Berlina) have different springs in the rear... (I've heard some cars get stiffer and higher springs to help with the weight of the extra tank). My Berlina sits very high:

Berlina-suspension

(that's not my car but it's identical except mine's parked in the dark right now...)

Basically I'm wondering if I'm going to have problems changing the rear set up if there's something different about the factory fitted shocks/springs.

I'm not looking to go mental, I just want the tyres to have about 2cm or so all round in the wheel arch when you look from the side. The front has to drop a bit, but the back... you see what I'm starting with!

Ideas and info on the factory LPG suspension setup would be great. I'm not sure what SSL etc looks like in reality and I definitely want it to be 100% legal ride height.

Cheers.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
hey mate have a look at my thread.. i got factory fitted lpg with ssl's

Sorry mate edit i got SL's not SSL's typo sorry

Last edited:

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Pickles,

Thanks for the link. Front looks great but does the back sit lower than the front? Hard to tell from the pic... I was hoping to keep just a bit of space above the tyres in the arch - I don't want the wheels to go under or inside the guards on this car.

If the fronts are SL's, are your rear springs SL's too? Did you have to get new shocks or just new springs? Questions questions lol.

PS. I just painted my stereo and console black yesterday too. Haven't seen another one until your post... I should post a pic hey.

black-fascia

Last edited:

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
I put pedders sportsrider in the wagon just springs left the fe2 shocks in there, sits good imo about 25-30mm lower than standard, rides good still and gets over supermarket speed humps etc with out scraping mudflaps or the underbody. (i have pacemaker 4 into 1's long and 2.5 inch twin system too)
Cheers.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Monroe GT shocks is what i have i believe. if i get some time this arvo ill take a couple more pics for ya.. (can someone please tell me how to put the pictures up like that ^^^^) instead of just doing attachments (and while your at it tell me how to hyperlink to my web page) =) cheers. i would like to lower the back a little further then it is at the moment but i believe its pretty even. (and my exhaust scapes on a couple things as is ATM so i need to get that fixed first)

Console and stereo look nice.. good work.. keep the pics coming.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hiya Pickles,

To insert pictures, you need them on a website somewhere (your own or photobucket etc). Then, while you're writing your post, hit the 'Insert Image'
insertimage.png
button and put in the address of your picture. Linking to a page is similar, just use the 'insert link'
createlink.png
button instead...

Pics of your lowering would be great. I've had a few quotes.. best so far is around $1200 fitted. I've got no way to DIY so will have to get a 'fitted' price :(