Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Berlina installing sub.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
Ok guys from many years of working at Starthfield car radios (past),

I have subs and amps left over.

Getting a bit board i was thinking i have a boxed 12" i want to put into the boot.
I have a few amps to choose from so all easy.

Where can i get the high gain input for the amp as i think there is no rca output.

Also where do people run the trigger wire from?

Berlina has no speakers in the rear parcel shelf

Thank you

andodge

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute MY9.5 344RWkW
I had complete car sound do the stereo system in my ute, after some moron from JBHIFI stuffed it up proper, the idiots actually tried to splice the rca cables from the amp into the factory wires to use the standard head unit, the entire install had to be belled out and re-tested to find some of the crap they had done.

I run my factory head unit through and LC7 line output controller, it uses factory head unit speaker signal/noise to switch amp (trigger wires) on an off, it has 12VDC trigger outputs for amps and multiple RCA outputs and can be tuned and configured, it also cleans up the noise from the factory head unit before feeding it into the amp. There are alot of dodgy ways to connect trigger wires, I guess it depends on what quality of installation you want. My car stereo sounds fantastic now, has a hidden remote mounted knob for sub control and all works through the factory stereo switching on and off just like the factory unit does (amp included) rather than using a trigger wire from "cigarette lighter" as JBHIFI tried to, i learnt my lesson ... DONT TRUST BULLSHIT ARTIST SALESMAN AT JBHIFI WITH YOUR PRIDE AND JOY!!

Line Output Converter with Auxiliary Input - LC7

Complete Car Sound

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
Thank yo can any else confirm or used simillar?

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
I used the AudioControl LC2i
Best unit i have used yet! has a Bass line that you can controll and tune and also a speaker line so you can amp both speaker and sub off one easy box that sounds awesome
Dont go the cheap way! AudioControl do a range of units for OEM systems and nothing has come close to price in my opinion
if you would like to check on out:
($149) AudioControl LC2i Two Channel Line Output Converter - LC2i

Also with this unit you dont have to worry about getting a remote wire to amps because this little box does all that for you, it has remote out and will turn on a couple of seconds after it detects audio via the speaker lines
also has remote IN if you prefer it to be on a switch or some other source of turn on

Thats by 2c worth but there is other options out there

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
I used the AudioControl LC2i
Best unit i have used yet! has a Bass line that you can controll and tune and also a speaker line so you can amp both speaker and sub off one easy box that sounds awesome
Dont go the cheap way! AudioControl do a range of units for OEM systems and nothing has come close to price in my opinion
if you would like to check on out:
($149) AudioControl LC2i Two Channel Line Output Converter - LC2i

Also with this unit you dont have to worry about getting a remote wire to amps because this little box does all that for you, it has remote out and will turn on a couple of seconds after it detects audio via the speaker lines
also has remote IN if you prefer it to be on a switch or some other source of turn on

Thats by 2c worth but there is other options out there

Hey thats great i like the vertual trigger.

Where do i get the speaker output as the Berlina has no parsel shelf speakers. I was oping there was left over loom but not sure?