Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Bluetooth

dale762308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V Series LPG
Can anyone suggest how I turn my bluetooth off in my new VE Commdore?
The quality has always been an issue with these and I thought that they might have fixed it from my earlier version but nope, still crap.
I want to turn it off for good and rely on the Blue Ant device but as it has been activated, I need some way to stop if from searching each time I start the car.
My phone automaticall searches for devices (so it can connect to Blue Ant) and it keeps wanting the pass key number for the VE.
If you can't suggest a solution, I think I will just have to unplug the harness on the thing.

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
That's very interesting - I find the quality of the bluetooth in mine to be fantastic.

Anyway - from my understanding is that the blue tooth is an adapter installed at the rear of the audio system in the dash. There are no settings for it hence you can't just turn it off. An engineer may have another opinion however.

I suggest - in your phone - go to your bluetooth settings - go to paired devices - select the settings under vehicle BT - se auto-connect, no conf. to No.
If Vehicle BT is not listed under paired devices - then you will need to connect to it and pair it and then select this setting.
This worked for me when my work mobile was trying to connect before my personal mobile. I changed these settings in my work phone.

Your other option is to get under the dash and try to unplug the bluetooth adapter. Good luck with that, no idea exactly where it is.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
my bluetooth is brilliant works perfectly on my last 4 work phones all different and my whifes phone.
i hear a lot of iphone useres have drama

Trogen86

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 ve berlina v6
Hey guys.
I have an iPhone.
It's syncs very well with the ve BT.

U can even use the voice dialing from the steering controls.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I have had a couple of Nokias while with my VE. Bluetooth has always been great.

Perhaps this might be stating the bleedin obvious, but the bluetooth system on your car has its own volume. When you are using the bluetooth, adjusting the volume on the stereo actually adjusts the volume of the bluetooth connection. This might help if it seems like the quality is bad...

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
you can also use the fader to one speaker when ur in a call like say the left front i heard that this fixs feedback but ive had no drama's with my iphone

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
you can also use the fader to one speaker when ur in a call like say the left front i heard that this fixs feedback but ive had no drama's with my iphone

You can't on an SS and SV6... once Voice In is displayed there are no options for fader/balance. Don't know about other models.

My VE bluetooth is great... no problems with a Nokia 6120, Nokia 6121 and an LG GW525.

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
You can't on an SS and SV6... once Voice In is displayed there are no options for fader/balance. Don't know about other models.

My VE bluetooth is great... no problems with a Nokia 6120, Nokia 6121 and an LG GW525.

Only VOICE IN without an the calling number is not great, it is a serious failing -- pls fix Holden!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Actually, you can change the balance and fader for bluetooth in sv6 and SS - did mine recently in the ute - turned it to driver's side only and it got rid of all the distortion and echo. You have to be actually on a phone call though, not just pushing the phone button. The head unit will remember this setting only for the bluetooth and return to whatever setting you had your cds and radio set to when you end the call. No dramas with my bluetooth at all - and even better now that its only coming out of the driver's side channel. The Missus has the blue ant ST3 and it's a piece of crap compared to the unit in the VE.