Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Body Conversion Question

blkhawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
Hi guys, question.

Is it possible to swap and fit a VE commodore S1 front & rear bumper with a lets say HSV VE Clubsport E1 front & rear bumper (or even E2 or E3)? If possible or not, please discuss? I am thinking of swapping over body. Thanks heaps

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
From what ive read...

E1 front bar is a straight fit. Rear Bar needs more ther just the bumper.

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Unless you own a HSV with a SS front I wouldn't bother. A geniune HSV bumper unpainted is $2200. E3 DRLs are around $1100. There's nearly $3500 without fitting, labour, paint etc etc

blkhawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
From what ive read...

E1 front bar is a straight fit. Rear Bar needs more ther just the bumper.

yeh i thought so too, after searching the internet hard. The rear is a challenge due to the little curve near the rear lights. I am thinking of cutting it?

blkhawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
Unless you own a HSV with a SS front I wouldn't bother. A geniune HSV bumper unpainted is $2200. E3 DRLs are around $1100. There's nearly $3500 without fitting, labour, paint etc etc

Thanks for the quote! I thought so too, i was evening considering a duplicate version instead.

gmoulds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS M6
You can pick up complete E3 front Bars(Bar, Grills and Spots and LEDs) for under $2000 from wreckers or Ebay, you will also need a bonnet with vents and garnish either second hand or after market under $1,000
The rear bar fits easily IF you get the three plastic mounting strips Left, Right and Lower Centre $800 most wreckers include them when they sell the bar , Lights and Caps are the expensive bit $1200.
No modification of the body is required, you do need to cut out foam bar support to clear the garnish clips
Tails lights require the plug pinout to be modified to suit commodore rear wiring and resistors added to stop "Fast Flash"

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Check out BK Cars as they are heavily into modding up standard VE's with HSV and more 'exotic' bodykits. They are local to me and I've seen a lot of their work in the metal and it's a quality finish, even if I don't agree with some of the colour schemes.

http://www.bradkimberleycars.com.au/

blkhawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
You can pick up complete E3 front Bars(Bar, Grills and Spots and LEDs) for under $2000 from wreckers or Ebay, you will also need a bonnet with vents and garnish either second hand or after market under $1,000
The rear bar fits easily IF you get the three plastic mounting strips Left, Right and Lower Centre $800 most wreckers include them when they sell the bar , Lights and Caps are the expensive bit $1200.
No modification of the body is required, you do need to cut out foam bar support to clear the garnish clips
Tails lights require the plug pinout to be modified to suit commodore rear wiring and resistors added to stop "Fast Flash"

cool thanks. i will look into that. hard to find parts separately when they mostly are from NSW or Adelaide wreckers. yeah the back fits easily if i use the correct tail lights but i never like the look for being so small and narrow for a thick butt.