Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE build quality

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Troy,
but for the money spent on the VE it isnt much better. We looked at a few in the yard earlier tonight while looking at few VZ 6.0 litre SS's. They look quite tacky in places, also been a few compaints about loose panels interior and exterior.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
compare it to a new mazda and its not even close. but its still only a new car and things can only improve from here

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Hopefully the Series II VE doesn't have all these niggling little problems that the Series I does. But from what I've heard and the recalls that have been announced on the VE, it doesn't look like it'd be too crash hot.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Has it improved a lot over the VZ?

I had a good look at a few the other day and drove a R8. Exterior finish - a lot better. Interior - yes and no. For the most part it was very good but..... Hated the handbrake and corresponding plastics around it sucked big chunky ones. The vertical trim next to the radio moved and squeaked which was mighty annoying.

As a car to drive I really liked the driving position. The dash was good and I liked the steering wheel etc. I found the visibility to be fine and didn't have the A pillar issues that some others have noted. I drove the auto version and found the box to be a quantum leap above *anything* they have had before. I found the up/down shifter bit on the side to be a wank and probably would very rarely if ever use it.

Where it excelled was the driving experience. Handling and road holding was awesome and it had more than enough mumbo to get you from A to B.

Reaper

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
I agree with pretty much all you have said. I didn't think the manual override on the auto's wasn't to bad, better then the F*RD Auto's in the BA's however I too also disliked the handbrake and the middle trim around the gear box and cup holders, which you can actually move with a little pressure which just makes it look crap.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
I have found the quality of the car alot better than the VZ we used to own. The car also feels more upmarket and gives you an impression of real safety. I guess we are still getting used to the car and only done like 600kms so only time will tell if things start poping out as quality issues. :yeah:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Heaps better. Panels gaps in particular. A whole lot of small improvements in the factory have been made since the first sold VE. You have to undestand that although there was a great deal of money spent on new machinery and equipment to build the car, it isnt all going to work perfectly straight up. New machinery, equipment, and processes have teething problems. So a late series 1 or series 2 would be a good option.